- Steven Alexander
- Dr. Susan Brangers
- Steven Brower
- Ann Marie Castelgrande
- Dennis Corrigan
- Dr. Linda Dugan Partridge
- Robert Griffith
- Peter Hoffer
- Joseph Jaworek
- Sue Jenkins
- Niko J. Kallianiotis
- Rob McKirdie
- Christine Medley
- John Meza
- Sam Olfano
- Dr. Barbara Parker-Bell
- Pamela M. Parsons
- Matt Povse
- Mark Webber
- Stephanie Wise
- Bogdon, Amy E
- Colley, Stephen
- Corby, Michele
- Goryl, Francis
- McKirdie, Robert
- McMahon, Erin L
- Meoni, Jessica
- Nardone, Peter
- Nielsen, Paul W
- O'Neill, Kevin
- Rice, Gina M
- Rosza, Amy E.
- Sensbach, Skip
- Tyrrell, Beth
- Ward, Ryan
Dr. Barbara Parker-BellAssociate Professor of Art
firstname.lastname@example.org | ext 2200
Shields Center for Visual Arts 202
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, July 2008
Degree: Doctor of Psychology
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, November 2006
Degree: Masters of Science in Clinical Psychology
- Lesley College Graduate School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Institute for the Arts and Human Development, May 1985
Degree: Master of Arts, Expressive Therapy
- University of Michigan, School of Art, Ann Arbor, Michigan. December 1980
Degree: Bachelor of Fine Arts, (Magna Cum Laude)
- Director, Fall 2001-Present, Associate Professor, Graduate Art Therapy Program, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Coordinator, Undergraduate Art Therapy Program, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania
Appointments and Honors
- Visiting Professor, Tomsk State University, Tomsk, Siberia, Russian Federation, Appointed, Fall 2013- Present
- Elected Member-of National Gerontology Academic Honor and Professional Society of Sigma Phi Omega, April 2013-Present
- Honorary Member, SLAVA, (National High School Slavic Honor Society), 2012-present
- Director, Board of Directors, The Art Therapy Certification Board (ATCB), January 2015-7
- Director, Board of Directors, American Art Therapy Association (AATA), 2009-12
- Credentialed Professional Member: AATA
- Credentialed Professional Member: Delaware Valley Art Therapy Association
- Member: American Psychology Association
- Member: Pennsylvania Psychology Association
Professional Registration and Certification
- LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor, 2003-Present
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- A.T.R.-BC (Board Certified Art Therapist), 1996-Present
- A.T.R. (Registered Art Therapist), 1988-Present
- Parker-Bell, B. (2013). Hiring and retaining quality professional caregivers in the long-term care environment: A case study of Geisinger Mountain View Care Center, Scranton, Pennsylvania. International Online Journal of Case Analysis, Special Issue: Transforming Aging: Available at: http://ojica.fiu.edu/index.php/ojica_journal
- Parker-Bell, B. (2012). Nurse satisfaction in the long-term dementia care environment: Fostering relationships between administration, nurses, and residents. In A. McDonnell (Ed.)., Managing Gerontology Health Services (pp. 221-274), Boston, MA: Jones & Bartlett
- Parker-Bell, B., & Pfeiffer, M. (2012). Enhancing quality of life in older adults through the creative arts therapies. In A. McDonnell (Ed.)., Managing Gerontology Health Services (pp. 107-144), Boston, MA: Jones & Bartlett
- Parker-Bell, B. (2011). Art therapy with children and adolescents: Inspiring creativity and growth. In C. Norton, Re-inventing the wheel: Innovations in child and adolescent mental health (pp.18-35). New York, NY: Routledge
Papers, Presentations, and Professional Workshops
- Exploring Professional Caregiver Experiences," Presentation for Marywood University Dept. of Nursing and Public Administration Education Forum, September 2008.
- The Marriage of Art Therapy and Computers: For Better or for Worse," Invited Speaker, University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA,., April 2006.
- "Adapting for Art and Soul Survival: Learning from the Masters," Presenter for Marywood University, 9th Annual Art Therapy Symposium, Scranton, PA, May 2006.
- "Looking at the Book not the Cover: Exploring Diversity in Self and Others," Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency, Housing Services Conference, June, 2006.
- "Techniques for Stress Management," Presentation for Administration, Faculty and Staff, College Misericordia, Dallas, PA, December 2006.
- "Creative Applications of Art Therapy and Computer Technologies" Caldwell College and the New Jersey Art Therapy Association Annual Art Therapy Conference, March, 2003.
- "Digital Spirit: Connecting and Communicating with Internet Art Exchanges" Paper presentation with Marla Nicolo, ATR-BC, AATA Annual Conference, November 2002.
- "Diversity in Computer Art Therapy Applications: Strengthening Communication and Creativity" Panelist on five-member panel of Art Therapy and Technology, AATA Annual Conference, November 2002.
- "The Multifacetted Palette," Panelist/ Presenter of professional art work and artist statements addressing the potential for Art Therapy and Computer Work. AATA Annual Conference, November 2001.