For specific dates and deadlines, see Important Dates.

Full payment must be remitted to the Cashier's Office on or before the published due date.  The estimated portion of scholarships and grants applicable to specific semester expenses have been deducted form this invoice. Your invoice and schedule reflect all adds, drops, and charges as of the date on your invoice. If additional charges are incurred due to a change in schedule after this date, it is the student's responsibility to take care of any additional charges at the time they are incurred. Such changes will be reflected on the student's current account activity, which can be viewed at by logging on with the student's ID # and PIN #.  If the balance owed (after pending aid and /or loans are deducted) is not paid by the due date, a $40.00 Deferred Payment Fee will be assessed on the student's account.

Full payment is due on or before the published due date  or at registration, by mail, in person, or on-line through the Official Payments option .

Official payments

The Official Payments system allows for electronic payments from a personal checking or savings account or credit card.  (PLEASE NOTE:  Credit card usage is limited to Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.  There will be a service fee of 2.75% added to each credit card payment when using this service. This fee is not associated with or passed on to Marywood university.

Financial Aid Plan:

Students may defer payment of that portion of the semester's expenses that will be covered by approved financial aid awards such as Federal Pell Grants, Federal S.E.O.G., Federal Perkins Loans, Marywood Scholarships and Grants, PHEAA Grants, and other state grants.

Payment by Student Loan:

Students who intend to pay for their educational expenses with a student loan may defer payment of the portion of expenses to be covered by the loan until the loan is approved. Please be advised that at least 1.5% of the principal amount of the loan will be deducted for origination and federal default fees prior to disbursement. Students should apply for their loans by the end of July for the Fall Semester and by the end of November for the Spring Semester to insure that loan funds will be available at the start of the semester.

Effective July 1, 2010, all borrowers are required to go to the Department of Education website to complete the Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) by the above dates. Federal Direct Loans and PLUS loans (both parent loans and graduate PLUS loans) will no longer be processed through American Educational Services (AES/PHEAA). Applicants may need to complete additional documents with the Financial Aid Office in order to complete the loan process.

To begin the loan process, borrowers must take the following steps: (1) Go to and sign in using your Federal PIN number.(2) Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling. This process is required by law before you can receive a loan. (3) Complete a Direct Loan Electronic Master Promissory Note (MPN). You will need reference information for two people you have known for at least three years (name, address, telephone number, relationship to you). The first reference should be a parent or legal guardian. This process must be completed in a single session. (The Marywood University Federal Direct Loan Code is G03296.)

This site also allows Direct PLUS Loan borrowers (both parents and graduate/professional students) to complete a request for a Direct PLUS Loan and initiate a credit check online.

Upon Certification and approval, funds will be disbursed to Marywood University directly from the Department of Education and credited to the students' accounts.

If a student fails to complete the loan process, or if a student does not pay the University when a loan is rejected, the University may also take any of the actions listed in the University policy on financial delinquency.

If a student fails to negotiate a loan check in a timely manner, or if a student does not pay the amount due the University when a loan is rejected, the University may also take any of the actions listed in the University policy on financial delinquency.

Payment Plan: 

The Nelnet Business Solutions payment plan is no longer available.

The new payment plan - Official Payments - is available for electronic payments from checking, savings, or credit card accounts at this time. 

Employer Deferred Plan:

Payment of tuition may be deferred if the student has provided a completed Application for Employer Deferment of Tuition Payment form, signed by the student's employer. Students are required to pay all fees and any portion of tuition not covered by their employer at the Cashier's Office by the due date or at registration. The student is responsible for any tuition not paid by the employer within the prescribed period. If the student or employer does not make scheduled payments on time, the University reserves the right to refuse to offer this payment plan to the student for subsequent semesters.

Credit Cards: 

Credit card payments for tuition, fees, room and board are made through the Official Payments system.  Miscellaneous charges, such as parking tickets, parking stickers, and Pacer Points, must be paid though the Marywood University Student Information System, rather than through Official Payments.

Financial Delinquency:

If a student fails to make payment in a timely manner, or if a student does not pay the amount due the University when a loan is rejected, the University may take any of the actions listed in the University policy on financial delinquency, such as the right to refuse registration, admission to courses, transcript of credits, report of grades, student records, certificates, diplomas and/or any other official documents. Degree candidates will also have their names removed from the graduation list. The University reserves the right to refuse to offer the Official Payments Monthly Payment Plan and Employer Deferred Plan to a student for subsequent semesters.

Tuition for Full-Time Undergraduate Students:

Full-time undergraduate students are charged a block tuition rate as published in the Financial Facts brochure each semester. Full-time students may register for 12 - 18 credits and can add or drop courses within this credit range during the refund/cancellation period without any financial adjustments to their bills, except for course fees. Students registered for more than 18 credits will be charged the tuition amount plus the published per credit charge for any credits above 18. The last day to add or drop courses is published each semester. There is no reduction in tuition and course fee charges made after this date, unless a student withdraws from all classes.

Undergraduate students who wish to drop below 12 credits must complete a Change of Status Form in the Office of Academic Records by the published date to change from full-time to part-time. Students will then be charged the published per-credit fee for their undergraduate courses. No changes from full-time to part-time can be made after the published date.

Part-time undergraduate students must also complete a Change of Status Form in the Office of Academic Records who wish to change from part-time to full-time (12+ credits) and must do so by date published as the last day to add classes for the semester.

Students who have changed their enrollment status will have their charges and financial aid adjusted accordingly.

Students who withdraw from all classes will have their student account balances adjusted according to the established refund/cancellation schedules. (See next section.)

Withdrawal and Reduction of Charges for Graduate, Part-Time Students, and Full-Time Undergraduate Students who Withdraw from All Classes:

Based on the date on which official notice of withdrawal is received by the Academic Records Office or the date on which classes are dropped via Marywood's website, the following cancellation policy shall apply, with the exception of some Social Work courses which have different starting dates. Academic Records will provide the calendar of dates with the students' schedules.

For specific deadlines, see Important Dates

Courses Dropped By

 Tuition & Fees Cancelled 

 Tuition & Fees Owed **

the 9th day of the semester



the 16th day of the semester



the 23rd day of the semester



the 30th day of the semester



after the 30th day of the semester



* Fees will be cancelled except for the Registration Fee and the Deferred Payment Fee.  (See the Financial Facts brochure for fee amounts).

** The balance of tuition and fees owed to Marywood University must be paid in full at the time of withdrawal if full payment was not made by the published due date or at registration.

Room & Board Cancellation: 

Students who are approved to move out of University housing on or before the last date to add classes each semester will be assessed a $300.00 room cancellation fee for room charges and a pro-rated portion of the board charges.  Students who are approved to move out of University housing after the last date to add classes each semester will receive a refund for a pro-rated portion of board charges only; up to the twelfth week of the semester.

Web Registration System:

Students who are pursuing a formal degree, certification or certificate program may make changes to their schedules (adds or drops) using the MarywoodYOU Portal. The above withdrawal schedule will apply.

Financial Aid:

Financial aid received by students who withdraw may also be adjusted. In accordance with current Federal regulations, those students who receive Federal financial aid and who withdraw from the University during the first 60% of a semester will have their Federal financial aid (Pell Grants, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, Perkins Loans, Direct Loans, and PLUS loans) adjusted based on the percent of the semester completed prior to withdrawal. That is, Title IV funds earned is defined as the same percent of the Federal financial aid received as the percent of the semester completed. This percent is calculated by dividing the number of days in this semester (excluding breaks of five days or longer) into the number of days completed (excluding breaks of five days or longer) prior to the withdrawal. Unearned Title IV funds must be returned to the corresponding programs. According to the current federal regulations, earned Title IV funds are used to pay institutional charges first.

The date of withdrawal used for calculating the return of Title IV funds is determined by the date the student completes the withdrawal process at the Office of Academic Records (see Withdrawal Policy above), unless there is documented evidence by the course instructor of class attendance beyond that date. According to the current federal regulations, there will be no adjustment to Federal financial aid after the completion of at least 60% of the semester.

Students who do not follow the official withdrawal procedure but who stop attending classes for all of their courses will be considered to have withdrawn at the 50% point of the semester, unless attendance is otherwise documented by the course instructor. Students who do not return from an approved leave of absence are considered to have withdrawn on the earlier of the official date of the leave of absence or the date the student notified the institution that he/she will not be returning to the institution.

According to current Federal regulations, unearned Title IV funds must be returned to the Title IV programs in the following order: Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans, Subsidized Federal Direct Loans, Federal Perkins Loans, Federal Graduate PLUS Loans, Federal PLUS Loans received on behalf of the student, Federal Pell Grants, Academic Competitiveness Grants, National SMART Grants, Federal S.E.O.G., and other grants or loan assistance authorized by Title IV.

Semester-specific refund schedules for the return of Title IV funds policies or specific information about current federal regulations regarding refunds are available from the Cashier's Office.

Since class space is limited, students who register for a semester and decide not to attend, must notify the Academic Records Office in writing , or students may withdraw from their classes via Marywood's website.   Non-attendance or non-payment does not constitute notification of withdrawal.


Students will be notified by email at their  Marywood University email address when their refunds checks are available.  Students should plan to arrive on campus with enough personal money to make purchases, such as books, without depending upon financial aid funds.



If you have questions on the Pertinent Facts or your invoice, call (570) 348-6212 or FAX (570) 961-4739 or EMAIL; on your schedule call (570) 348-6280; or on your Financial Aid call (570) 348-6225.