Insalaco College of Creative and Performing Arts
The Insalaco College of Creative and Performing Arts is a unique and progressive blend of programs focused on educating students to research critically, evaluate, and produce creatively.Visit Website
Dean: Collier B. Parker, M.F.A.
- The Insalaco College of Creative and Performing Arts is a unique and progressive blend of programs focused on educating students to research critically, evaluate, and produce creatively.
- We develop highly skilled and ethical professionals who impact and influence a culturally diverse and interdependent society.
- We challenge our faculty and students to explore and cultivate both individual and collaborative avenues for creative expression and problem solving, and skilled transmission of information.
- We provide a variety of vehicles for the development of leadership, aesthetic sensibility, and creative expression including:
- music and theatre performances
- art exhibits and galleries
- therapeutic application of the creative arts
- television, radio, and digital production
- original academic research
- practicums and internships for in profit and nonprofit organizations
- We are dedicated to providing a well-rounded education through a student-centered and holistic approach, which prepares students for living responsibly in an interdependent world.
The programs of study in the Insalaco College of Creative and Performing Arts are designed to help students become creative problem solvers through the integration of studies in their majors with a liberal arts education. Accreditation by such organizations as the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), having met the NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) standards, enable students to acquire competencies necessary for a career in a variety of settings.
The programs in the Insalaco College of Creative and Performing Arts are designed to develop students' skills to successfully meet the continual challenge of a technological society and nurture values conducive to ethical and socially responsible behavior in the arts. In keeping with the mission and goals of Marywood University, the comprehensive education of the programs in visual arts, communication arts, and music, theatre, and dance, provides a framework for students to master the professional and ethical leadership skills necessary for various careers in their fields of study, while at the same time enables them to develop their highest human potential.
The opportunity for students to experience diverse creative processes through recitals, exhibits, productions, internships, technology projects, and other results-oriented activities, promote student self-discovery, self-evaluation, research, and presentation of products.
The programs are designed to:
- Provide comprehensive quality education in art, communication visual arts, and music, theatre, and dance so that students attain proficiency within their areas of study.
- Enable students to gain an understanding of key concepts within the areas of study offered through Insalaco College of Creative and Performing Arts, while learning to think critically and creatively.
- Raise students' awareness of creative activity throughout the entire university curriculum, and recognize the importance of a variety of aesthetic and cultural values.
- Enable students to demonstrate professional competence and ethical leadership skills that will be used in meeting the artistic and entrepreneurial needs of today, and are directed effectively toward an interdependent, diverse and socially responsible society.
Communication Arts, Music, Theatre, Dance, and Visual Arts.
Insalaco College of Creative and Performing Arts Website