The Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic is centrally located in the Communication Sciences and Disorders department in the McGowan Center.
The Clinic includes:
- Six (6) therapy rooms
- Two (2) diagnostic rooms
- A play group/child language group room
- Two-way and video monitoring: Each room in the Clinic is monitored through closed circuit video-cameras as well as two-way windows.
- Speech Science Lab
- Clinical Preparation Room
- Audiology Suite
Student Uses of the Clinic:
- Each undergraduate and graduate CSD student who works in the clinic sees one to four clients (determined by undergraduate or graduate level of study) in a semester.
- Clinic clients range in age from two and a half years old to 70-plus years of age.
- Clinic sessions are 45 minutes in length, starting at the top of the hour.
- Therapy is provided for individuals with speech and language delays and deficits, articulation and phonological deficits, aphasia, cognitive deficits, apraxia and dysarthria, and individuals who have hearing impairment, dysfluency, or voice related issues.
- On average, the clinic works with 40 to 45 clients each semester.
- An adult Aphasia Group, provides group sessions for ten to 15 clients each week.
- Clinic hours: Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Friday 9 a.m. to Noon.
- Each Graduate student completes a practicum in audiology
- Hearing Aid consultations, fittings, and maintenance services are provided by the student under the direct supervision of an ASHA certified and PA licensed Audiologist.
- Assistive listening devices (amplified phones, infared systems for tv listening etc.) are avaliable to lend to individuals in the community. The equipment can be used on a trial basis with the option to buy.
- The on-site Audiologist and student clinicians are avaiable to provide hearing screenings for community health fairs as well as occupational and safety seminars.
Speech and Hearing Clinic Brochure
If you have any questions concerning the services, please contact:
Renee S. Jourdanais M.S. CCC-SLP
(570)348-6299, ext. 8 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the content on this page, please contact the CSD web content editor, Renee Jourdanais.
Office Location:McGowan Room 1074
Phone Number:570-348-6299 x8