Kappa Delta Pi
Kappa Delta Pi, an International Honor Society in Education, extends students' opportunities for networking and scholarship. Kappa Delta Pi is dedicated to service, driven towards working with the youth in Scranton and surrounding areas. Upperclassmen can apply to be inducted into KDP by filling out an application in the fall. Students can expect to meet twice a month, along with other organizations on campus, PSEA and Student Council for Exceptional Children, to plan events and discuss pertinent information within the department.
Invitation to membership in Rho PI Chapter at Marywood University is dependent upon fulfillment of the following qualifications without regard to race, age, color religion, sex or handicapping condition.
- No less than final term sophomore standing (the equivalent of at least 50 semester hours earned by the end of the term prior to the time of initiation).
- A grade point average not less than 3.33 out of 4.0, based upon the total previous collegiate record of the student.
- At least twelve (12) semester hours of Professional Education courses completed, in progress, or programmed.
- Demonstration of worthy educational ideals.
- Expression of the intention to continue in the field of education (except for honorary membership).
- Manifestation of desirable personal goals.
- Evidence of leadership attributes.
President: Brittany Bocan
Vice President: Bridget Butash
Secretary: Shelva Frizzel
Membership Chair: Shelva Frizzel
Treasurer: Kim Corona
Historian: Kim Corona
Faculty Moderator: Mrs. Chris Fryer (email@example.com) (248-6211, ext. 2138).
Professional Development Points Collector:
Amanda Rebecchi (firstname.lastname@example.org)