“Marywood University provided me with a strong, well-rounded education, that helped prepare me for life both in and out of the classroom. I will forever cherish the memories and friends that I made, and am truly grateful for all of the opportunities I had during my time at Marywood.”
Graduate Education Programs
Marywood offers a diverse array of graduate degrees in education. All of them incorporate the latest research-based theories on teaching and learning. At Marywood, you can expect to make connections with area schools and take advantage of state-of-the-art facilities for library research
To prepare candidates in advanced certification programs to realize the vision presented in the conceptual framework, we seek to develop the following competencies.
The advanced program candidates will:
- develop skills to be a leader.
- integrate knowledge and action.
- produce scholarship and research.
- be reflective practitioners.
- communicate effectively.
- M.A. in Teaching with Pk-4 Certification
- M.A. in Teaching with Secondary/K-12 Education Certification
- M.Ed. in Instructional Leadership
- M.S. in Higher Education Administration
- M.S. in Early Childhood Intervention - Birth to Age 9
- M.S. in Reading Education
- M.S. in School Leadership with Principal Certification
- M.S. in Special Education
- M.S. in Administration and Supervision of Special Education
Ph.D. in Human Development
The Education Department participates in the Ph.D. in Human Development Program with specializations in:
- Higher Education Administration
- Educational Administration
- Instructional Leadership