- Master's Degree / EdS / Post-Baccalaureate
- School of Social Work and Administrative Studies
- PhD Human Development
- PsyD Clinical Psychology
- International Student Information
- Endowed Scholarships/Institutional Funds
- Spring Start Scholarships
- Scholarship Usage Policies
- Contact Information
Master's Degree, Educational Specialist Degree, and Post-Baccalaureate Certification Students
2015-2016 academic year
All materials must be submitted by February 14, 2015.
File a complete admissions application. It is fully expected that each prospective student who is an assistantship applicant will have a complete admissions application on file with the Office of Graduate Admissions by February 14, 2015. The admissions application provides the supporting documentation necessary to evaluate an assistantship application.
Read the conditions of appointment for a graduate assistantship. By submitting your assistantship resume electronically, you are communicating to Marywood University that you have read, understand, and agree to work by the conditions of appointment for graduate assistantships as stated on the conditions of appointment page.
E-mail your resume. Develop a resume in Microsoft Word strictly limited to two pages and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The upper right hand corner of your resume must state your Graduate Academic Department (ex. Art, Education) and your specific major (ex. MFA Clay, MAT Elementary Education).
- Personal Information (Name, Address, Daytime Phone Number, Email address)
- Assistantship Objective (include assistantships in which you have an interest and the appropriate skill set required. Limit your assistantship selections to four or less. Please contact the faculty researchers or professional staff directly if you should need more information about whether a selection is right for you. The link with the list of open graduate assistantship opportunities follows this list of resume elements). Submit one resume only with all assistantship selections, limit 4, in the assistantship objective.
- Education History (list in reverse chronological order)
- Occupation Experience (list in reverse chronological order)
- Professional and research skills
- Awards and special recognition
The assistantship program is very competitive. A professional, focused resume is vital to your success. By appointment, the Office of Career Services at Marywood University is capable of helping graduate students produce a professional-quality resume. You may find their contact information at http://www.marywood.edu/career/. You may submit your resume to them for electronic review at http://www.collegecentral.com/marywood/. Once your resume is complete, submit the finished product electronically for assistantship as directed above. No cover letters are accepted.
2015-2016 Assistantship Vacancies List
Assistantship selection results will be mailed electronically in early April 2015.
Students awarded graduate assistantships for the 2015-2016 academic year who accept those positions are not eligible to receive scholarship awards as well.
Neither scholarship or assistantship awards are renewed automatically each year. It is the responsibility of the student to reapply each academic year.
Prospective and current Physician Assistant Program graduate students will not be considered for graduate assistantships. The schedule and intensity of Physician Assistant Program studies are not compatible with the requirements and expectations of graduate assistantships.
Students in the Five-Year Speech Language Pathology (SLP) Program may apply for half-time assistantship opportunities in the SLP Department for their fourth year of study by submitting a resume as per the directions on this webpage.