The Intensive English Program (IEP) prepares international students for the academic demands of studying in an American university. In addition to an academic purpose, the IEP is designed for students who want to improve their English proficiency for business communication, careers, and culture. For more information visit the IEP program on Marywood's Admissions page.
- English as a second language (ESL) classes
- Emphasis on reading college texts, writing research papers, taking notes, giving a speech in class, and listening to lectures
- Preparation for TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- Intensive class work focus on English language skills, as well as practical information for living and studying in the United States
IEP Additional Information:
- Students spend 20 hours each week in class.
- All students take a placement test on the first day of classes
- Classes are very small
- A Certificate of Successful Completion is awarded to qualifying students
- Students can choose from a 15-week fall or spring program, a six-week summer program, or both
- Qualified, competent ESL instructors have an understanding of the needs of international students.
- Marywood’s IEP is a member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs (AAIEP)
International Student Orientation:
*** New International Student Orientation will take place on Thursday and Friday, August 22 and 23, 2013 prior to the start of classes for the Fall Semester 2013. Please arrange to be at Marywood for this program as it offers much needed information and assistance to assure your comfortable transition to Marywood. Further information may be found by following the International Students link in the menu on left and choosing Orientation.