Sr. Joan McCusker, IHM, Ph.D., Chair
Associate professor of music education
SLV Room 209, (570) 348-6268 ext. 2531
- Ph.D., Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester
- M.M., Ithaca College
- B.M., Marywood University
Chair; music education K-12 vocal/general methods; student teaching supervisor; emerging musical literacy.
Jennifer Griffith Cowgill, D.M.
Associate professor of voice
SLV Room 237A, (570) 348-6268 ext 2529
- D.M., Florida State University
- M.M., Peabody Conservatory of Johns Hopkins University
- B.M., Oberlin Conservatory
Applied voice, vocal pedagogy, vocal science and breathing technique
Anita L. Gadberry, Ph.D., MT-BC
Assistant professor of music therapy
SLV Room 101, (570) 348-6268 ext. 2527
- Ph.D., University of Kansas
- M.A., Texas Women's University
- B.M., Southwestern Oklahoma State University
Director of music therapy
Rick Hoffenberg, D.M.A.
Associate professor of choral conducting
SLV Room 206, (570) 348-6268 ext. 2537
- D.M.A., Yale University
- M.M.A., Yale University
- M.M., Westminster Choir College
- A.B., Princeton University
Director of choral activities (campus choir, chamber singers); choral conducting; vocal pedagogy/coaching; applied voice; applied piano.
David Jumper, M.M. (pro-rata faculty)
Applied trumpet; jazz faculty
SLV Room 218, (570) 348-6268
- M.M., University of New Orleans
- B.S., The Penn State University - University Park, PA
Director of trumpet ensemble; written theory; jazz theory & improvisation; instrumental music education
Nathaniel F. Parker, D.M.A.
Assistant professor of orchestral conducting
SLV Room 201, (570) 348-6268 ext.2212
- D.M.A., Michigan State University
- M.M., Bowling Green State University
- B.M., Arizona State University
Director of orchestral activities; instrumental conducting; double reed methods; music history
F. David Romines, D.M.A.
Assistant professor of music education
SLV Room 212, (570) 348-6268 ext.2533
- D.M.A., University of Southern Mississippi
- M.M., University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- B.M., University of Tennessee-Knoxville
Director of wind ensemble; music education K-12/band; student teaching supervisor; brass and woodwind methods; instrumental conducting
Sophie Till, M.M.
Clinical Assistant Professor of violin
SLV Room 219, (570) 348-6268 ext. 2378
- M.M., University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Advanced degree, Royal Academy of Music, London; UK Musikhochschule, Luebeck, Germany
Applied violin/viola; string methods; aural skills; applications of Golandsky/Taubmann to string performance
D. Charles Truitt, M.A.
Assistant professor of music
SLV Room 208, (570) 348-6268 ext. 2530
- M.A., Marywood University
- B.Mus., Hartt School of Music, University of Hartford
Written theory; applied guitar