- Music Programs
- Theatre Programs
- Dance Programs
- Auditions / New Students
- Community Outreach
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Performances and Events
- Message from the Department Chair
- Student Handbook
Students in this program are prepared for work in the contemporary theatre. Acting, theatre production, playwriting and stage direction are explored, as are theatre's classical roots and developing trends. Dance and Movement courses are offered to augment skills, competencies and academic programs.
Students have the opportunity to participate in a variety of productions:
- Student Productions: Theatre students have an opportunity to direct/produce a variety of plays. Productions are generally staged in the department's Black Box Theatre.
- Acting, directing and playwrighting showcases: These showcases give students the opportunity to apply their course work in public performances.
- Street theatre performance: Street theatre is held each year during Family Weekend.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Theatre
Basic requirements for all students in Theatre program (15 cr.)
|THEA 113||Introduction to Theatre||3|
|THEA 130A||Theatre Lab||1|
|THEA 247A||Stage Management||2|
|THEA 341||Theatre History||2|
|THEA 342A||Tragedy in Dramatic Literature||2|
|THEA 342B||Comedy in Dramatic Literature||2|
|THEA 451||Capstone Project||3|
BA in Theatre (65 cr.) Course requirements include 15 credits listed above, plus:
|THEA 241||Fundamentals of Acting||3|
|THEA 247B||Scenic Design
|THEA 247C||Lighting and Sound Design||2|
||Costuming and Make-Up
|THEA 343||Theatre Management
|THEA 347||Fundamentals of Directing||3|
||Theatre as Business||2|
|THEA 130B||Theatre Lab||1|
|THEA 230A, B||Theatre Lab||1,1|
|THEA 330A, B||Theatre Lab||1,1|
|THEA 430A, B||Theatre Lab||1,1|
PLUS: Six (6) credits from the following:
|THEA 242||Advanced Acting||3|
|THEA 247||Advanced Production
|THEA 348||Advanced Directing||3|
||Fundamentals of Dance/Movement
Students select electives with advisement from program director, and are encouraged to take 18-credit minor in an area of related interest.