Admission to the Ph.D. Program is competitive. Marywood seeks students that exhibit superior academic achievement, a sensitivity to interdisciplinary inquiry, and a potential for professional leadership in their respective fields.
The application deadline for the Fall semester is February 20. The application for the Spring semester is September 20. To apply, visit the Graduate Admissions site.
- A master's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university
- Recent coursework in Research Methodology and Statistics at the graduate or undergraduate level
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three letters of recommendations solicited from either a course instructor and/or a current supervisor addressing your academic achievement and professional accomplishments
- A reflective essay approximately 1000 words addressing your personal and/or professional goals and how they can be achieved through participation in this interdisciplinary program
- GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) General Test scores taken within the past five years. Please note: the following are average scores for the GRE verbal, quantitative, and writing of admitted applicants to the program: 149, 142, and 3.8 respectively. The minimum GRE scores to be eligible for our Ph.D. Program are: Verbal = 146, Quantitative = 144, and Analytical Writing = 3.3.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score, if an international student
- Invited on-campus interview
GRE Preparation Helpful Links
Additionally, Marywood University's Career Services Department houses several books and CDs from Kaplan, which can be used on-campus to help prepare students to take the GRE.