- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- School Psychology Program (Ed.S.)
- Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program (Psy.D.)
- Admission Requirements
- Program Completion Requirements
- Faculty & Staff
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- Student Research
- Student Resources
M.S. Counselor Education (School Counseling)
Upon successful completion of this school counselor preparation program, students earn a Master of Science in Counselor Education degree. The course sequence meets the certification requirements of the Pennsylvania Department of Education for Educational Specialist I (school counselor certification). Students also have the option of pursuing K-12 certification, enabling them to work in an elementary or secondary school setting.
Our program focuses on providing school counselors-in-training with the personal and professional skills necessary for:
- developing competencies in individual and group counseling, consultation, and collaboration;
- designing and managing a comprehensive school counseling program;
- creating standards-based interventions to support student academic, career, and personal/social development;
- using data to evaluate the effectiveness of programs; and
- applying leadership and advocacy skills to identify achievement gaps and support systemic change.
Questions about the school counseling program? Contact Dr. Jennifer Barna at firstname.lastname@example.org.