The R-VETS (Renewal-Veteran Education and Transition Services) Program is focused on providing college access to community veterans and their spouses who are interested in post-secondary education. Military, veterans and their spouses in the local community can take free introductory courses in the areas of Math, Academic Writing, along with other transitional services.*
Current Marywood student veterans and those who have already been accepted to Marywood, but are struggling in these areas, will also have the opportunity to utilize this program.
You Served Us...Now We Want to Serve You!
Need to Know
- Free of charge
- All supplies and books provided
- Courses taught by experienced faculty
- Courses to take place during evenings or weekends
- In order to maximize your GI Bill benefits, this program will not utilize any VA education benefits to ensure the veteran has full entitlement once enrolled in the university
- Open to a maximum of 15 students in the spring, summer, and fall sessions (Spring 2014, Summer 2014, Fall 2014)
- Eligibility: Honorable discharge or currently serving, with a high school diploma or GED
This course offers small group learning within the classroom setting, and elements of math are available from the basics through pre-algebra.
This course is designed to help prepare students for the writing they will do in curriculum-level college courses. It covers the various stages of the writing process, writing for specific purposes, and both paragraph and essay structure.
Spring Semester Schedule
The spring semester began on March 18th, and will run for 8 weeks meeting every Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30-8:30pm.
*Students who satisfactorily complete the R-VETS program will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate can be submitted as additional supporting documentation if the student chooses to apply for admission to Marywood University. However, each student will still be expected to submit all required documentation in order for the application to be reviewed. Acceptance is not guaranteed.
For more information, contact James Tiger at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 961-4746.
Or stop by our new office in LAC room#226B