My daughter is working so hard she is overwhelmed, who can help?
My daughter’s room is too crowded, I worry about safety in addition to comfort, is there anything I can do?

While not a five star hotel, Marywood makes every effort for our students' comfort and safety. Safety codes are all followed. Speak to your RA for help brainstorming space saving ideas. 

Also see: Residence Life

I don’t like how my hearing turned out, now what?

First reflect on why you are not happy. If you did in fact violate policy, even if you don't agree with the existence of the policy, then take this opportunity to learn from it and participate fully in the sanction. If it was the results of the preliminary hearing you didn't like, then you can request a formal hearing. You have 5 days to request a formal hearing. If you are not happy with the formal hearing, there are 4 different reasons you may appeal the decision. See the Student Handbook for more information or stop in to see the Dean of Students who can answer all of your questions.

I got caught breaking policy, now what?

Each Monday, all incident reports are reviewed and students involved in incidents are assigned a preliminary hearing officer. You will receive an e-mail notifying you of the charges and the preliminary hearing time and location. The preliminary hearing is a one-on-one meetings to discuss your side of the story. Depending on the circumstances, if you are found responsible you will be assigned an educational sanction. See the Student Handbook for more information or stop in to see the Dean of Students who can answer all of your questions.

I have a complaint about a faculty member or advisor, what do I do?

First begin with trying to speak to your professor directly. Speak in person, if not there when you go to the office, leave a note or a phone message. E-mail to follow up. If do not hear back, try a second time. If you are unable to resolve the problem, then set up an appointment with that faculty member's department chair to discuss the issue. If you are still unable to work out a solution, then set up an appointment with that area's Academic Dean. A note on Deans: I'm one of 6 Deans, the Academic Dean's supervise the department chairs. If you do not know who your Academic Dean is, go to the Academics menu to see which college they fall into.

Also see: Office of Retention and Advising

I feel I am being harassed what should I do about it?

If you feel you are in danger, call Campus Safety immediately at 570-348-6242. If you are being harassed but do not feel in danger, then utilize your RAs, RDs, or any Student Life staff as resources to help to mediate conversations with the other party to help express your wishes. You may also file a report with Campus Safety to have it handled through the conduct process.

Find more information about complaints in the Parents section on this site.

I have a roommate problem, what's the best choice?

Try talking to your roommate when neither of you are angry, stick to the specific problem and suggest things you can each change to improve the situation. Utilize your RA for mediating roommate issues.

I am not making friends, is there any help?

First reflect on how much time and effort you are putting into it. You may need to put down your electronic devices in order to interact more. Think about joining a club or an intramural team or otherwise engage in campus life. The Counseling and Student Development Center is a free resource to help you learn more about yourself. Lastly, feel free to stop by my office and we can brainstorm ideas.

I have to miss class (sick, death in the family) what do I do?

Contact the Office of Retention and Advising and let them know your course titles, professors' names and a brief reason of what you will miss. Speak to the staff regarding what to do about the possibility of a doctor's excuse to miss class.

I have an emergency, who do I contact?

Call 911 and then call Marywood Campus Safety immediately at 570-348-6242; other resources and people to help include RAs, RDs, Security staff.

I am transferring/need a background check for a job interview, where can I get one?

After showing ID, leave your signed form with the Dean of Students office and in most cases you can return to pick it up the following business day.

see also: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Will you send my e-mail to the rest of campus?

Please forward, in plain text, your message to by Wednesday at 8am to be included in the Dean's Weekly Announcements e-mail blast. If you are submitting items to the Weekly Squirrel, please do not duplicate messages here. You may submit an attachment with your message, however, I won't always be able to send them. Please utilize the tool to make long URLs shorter

I am seeking funding for a program/club, who should I contact?

See the Student Activities and Leadership Development office if this is for an undergraduate organization. If for a graduate resource, check the page above, but refer all documentation to the Dean of Students Office.

I want to start a club, how do I do it?
I have a new idea for a project, how do I start?

Depending on what your idea is, there are many places from which you may seek collaboration. Stop in the Dean's office as your first resource and I will be happy to brainstorm with you about the possibilities.

My son needs a new roommate, he is afraid of his current roommate, what is the next step?

Contact Campus Safety or your RA to complete an incident report to document specific concrete behaviors. Utilize your RA to help discuss differences.

Counseling/Student Development Center

Office of Housing and Residence Life

Dean of Students Emergency Page

How do I get a student handbook?


The Student Handbook is available online:

If I have difficulties climbing stairs to reach the Vice President's office, what do I do?

 Call our office (348-6246) and we'll be happy to meet you on the first floor.

What are the health insurance requirements?

All full-time undergraduate, graduate and international students are required to have health insurance.  Students may waive coverage of the University Endorsed Plan if they are able to demonstrate proof of their own health insurance coverage via the Student Health Services Website.

Information on the University-endorsed Insurance is also available online at: Bollinger Insurance.