Since opening its doors in 1969, Marywood's School of Social Work has educated more than 4,000 social workers, making it the leading provider of social work education in Northeast Pennsylvania. Our Master of Social Work (MSW) program is perfect for both those entering the social work field and current practitioners looking for advanced education.
Convenient Full and Part-time Programs
Our MSW program is convenient and flexible. Full-time, part-time, and weekend programs are available at four locations in Pennsylvania:
- Scranton (Marywood University)
- Poconos (East Stroudsburg University)
- Lehigh Valley (DeSales University)
- Central Pennsylvania (Bloomsburg University)
Our MSW program pairs traditional classroom courses with hands-on field placements to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to assist diverse populations of people. Students are placed in a variety of social service agencies throughout Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey.
We will assist you in selecting an appropriate and convenient field placement. If you work at a social service agency, you may be able to complete your field work there.
Dual Degree Programs
We also offer dual degree programs for those interested in both advanced social work training and expertise in administration and management. You can earn two master's degrees in less time than it would take to complete them separately, by pairing the MSW with one of the follow related degrees:
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Health Services Administration (MHSA)
- Master of Art (MA) in Clinical Counseling (through a partnership with Moravian Theological Seminary)
- Master of Divinity (through a partnership with Moravian Theological Seminary)
Council on Social Work Education
(570) 348-6211 ext. 2368