Sociology/Comprehensive Social Sciences
The student who majors in Sociology/Comprehensive Social Sciences will:
- Acquire knowledge of major interpretations of the social sciences
- Engage in the specific modes of inquiry of the social sciences and pursue purposeful, honest and effective research
- Participate effectively in discussion, exercising respect and critical thinking in analyzing opinions and tentativeness in formulating opinions and conclusions
- Respond actively and effectively to the challenges of contemporary society, relating the study of social sciences to current affairs
- Empathize with human emotions and values and understand the cultural characteristics and accomplishments of diverse ethnic and religious groups, recognizing and appraising the values implicit in their specific orientation.
Student/Faculty Ratio: 13:1
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Office of University Admissions
Chairperson: Alexander Vari, Ph.D.
Department of Social Sciences
Department email: firstname.lastname@example.org