Check this page often for the latest news and announcements from the School of Architecture.
"The nuns who founded Marywood University in 1915 paid the mining company that sold them the land to leave pillars of coal untouched beneath their campus to ensure that the ground wouldn't give way.
A century later, the school drilled two wells into the abandoned, flooded mine to draw water. The water circulates through a system that cools the studios in its environmentally sustainable School of Architecture building..."
Read the full article at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Assistant Professor and Interior Architecture faculty Kevin Wyllie recently led a team of ten Marywood University students on a trip to Cape Charles, Virginia to participate in a Habitat for Humanity week-long service trip. Together the group met with the clients then worked on completing the siding, rafter trimming, railing systems, electrical systems, and two stairs for the project.