Marywood University will hold a series of free virtual sessions through its Smart Track Program. This two-week series of webinars will help prepare high school students who are transitioning into college. Open to all high school students, this free program will help those who have an interest in continuing their academic careers at a college or university. Registration for the virtual presentations can be made at www.marywood.edu/SmartTrack.
Presentations by Marywood University staff and students include:
- Monday, July 27, 2020, from 1-2 p.m. – Time Management and Studying: Remote and On-Campus Assistance. Presenters for this session include Lia Palmiter, Ph.D., director of Student Equity and Inclusion; Christina Brundage, Ph.D., career engagement specialist; and Antonia Cerda-Bevan, assistant director of retention.
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020, from 1-2 p.m. – First Generation Success. The presenters for this session are Emily Coleman, academic support specialist for English Language Learners; Jenny Gonzalez, co-director of the S.T.A.R.S., Students Together Achieving Remarkable Success, program, and Sandy Castillo, senior social work student.
- Wednesday, July 29, 2020, from 1–2 p.m. – Mental Health, Stress, and Coping will be presented by Jila Rusavage, Ph.D., C/SDC, clinical assistant in the Counseling and Student Development Center.
- Thursday, July 30, 2020, from 1-2 p.m. – Understanding the GI Bill with presenter Christopher Smith, director of Military and Veteran Services.
- Friday, July 31, 2020, from 1- 2 p.m. – Getting the Jitters Out: Tips for Handling Anxiety in College, presented by Chris Morrison, graduate student intern.
- Monday, August 3, 2020, from 1- 2 p.m. – College Etiquette and Manners: A Guide to Follow. This session will be presented by Ms. Cerda-Bevan and Dr. Richards Palmiter.
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020, from 1- 2 p.m. – Finding Your Career Path and Meeting Your Professional Goals, will be presented by Dr. Brundage.
- Wednesday, August 5, 2020, from 1- 2 p.m. – Bridging the Gap: Pros and Cons of Taking a Year Off, will be presented by Dr. Brundage and Mr. Morrison.
- Thursday, August 6, 2020, from 1- 2 p.m. – Academic Accommodations in College versus High School, will be presented by Kaitlin Anderle and Samantha Reed, graduate student interns.
- Friday, August 7, 2020, from 1- 2 p.m. – Tips for College Writing will be presented by Ms. Cerda-Bevan.
For additional information about the free virtual sessions, or the Smart Track Program, please visit marywood.edu/smarttrack, or call the Office of Admissions, at (570) 348-6234.