In support of the Mission, Goals, and Core Values of Marywood University, the College of Arts and Sciences aspires to foster in its students a conscious understanding of the complexities, enduring themes, and problems that are central to human experience. Our programs focus on educating students to research critically, evaluate, and produce creatively.
Goals and Objectives
- We prepare students for a lifetime of achievement, leadership, and service by offering courses that provide them with the knowledge and understanding necessary to respond effectively to the needs and challenges of an interdependent world.
- We enable students to think critically, examining relationships between the individual and the community, between the self and society, between the person and the world.
- We encourage students to develop fully their ethical sensibilities and to contribute to the well-being of our common humanity.
- We develop highly skilled and ethical professionals who impact and influence a culturally diverse and interdependent society.
- We challenge our faculty and students to explore and cultivate both individual and collaborative avenues for creative expression and problem solving, and skilled transmission of information.
Accreditation by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), and the American Art Therapy Association enables students to acquire competencies necessary for a career in a variety of settings.
- Communication Arts
- English and Foreign Languages
- Music, Theatre, Dance
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Science, Mathematics and Computer Science
- Social Sciences
- Visual Art
College of Arts and Sciences Website