Munley College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
The Munley College of Liberal Arts and Sciences offers a variety of undergraduate programs in the Humanities, Mathematics and the Natural Sciences, the Social Sciences, and Business and Managerial Sciences. At the graduate level, students can pursue the Master's Degree in Criminal Justice, Biotechnology, and Business.Visit Website
In support of the Mission, Goals, and Core Values of Marywood University, the Munley College of Liberal Arts and Sciences aspires to foster in its students a conscious understanding of the complexities, enduring themes, and problems that are central to human experience.
- We prepare students for a lifetime of achievement, leadership, and service by offering courses that provide them with the knowledge and understanding necessary to respond effectively to the needs and challenges of an interdependent world.
- We enable students to think critically, examining relationships between the individual and the community, between the self and society, between the person and the world.
- We encourage students to develop fully their ethical sensibilities and to contribute to the well-being of our common humanity.
- English-We offer a comprehensive curriculum that keeps reading and writing at the heart of all we do. Students think critically, make connections to historical and cultural contexts, and improve their written communication with attention to both civic and professional goals.
- Foreign Languages- We educate students to communicate in other languages, thus helping them to develop a world consciousness and increased cultural awareness that fosters understanding and respect for other languages, cultures, and peoples.
- Mathematics and Computer Science- Currently a shortage of mathematicians exists both in industry and in the teaching profession at every level. The Mathematics and Computer Science Department has a vigorous and wellrespected department of dedicated professors who teach our students both the use of logic in the proof of mathematical statements and the analytical skills necessary to solve practical problems in many fields such as engineering, business, and science, as well as the preparation needed for careers in information technology and cyber security.
- Philosophy- Philosophy engages students in the fundamental questions about the nature, purpose, function, and meaning of life. Students take courses that enable them to reflect more fully, critically, and carefully about themselves and the world in which they live.
- Religious Studies- This department introduces students to Catholic/Christian beliefs, practices, and values and acquaints them generally with the world’s major religions. Its courses assist students in their search for meaning in life and enable them in a supervised way to confront under the light of revelation the ultimate questions that have perennially engaged the human spirit.
- Science- At the undergraduate and graduate levels, students interested in becoming scientists and health professionals are taught specific knowledge and research skills in areas such as biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, molecular biology and environmental science. Students are encouraged to utilize their knowledge and skills in a manner that responds responsibly to expanding global needs.
- Social Sciences- The social sciences — history, sociology, political science, economics, criminal justice, anthropology, and geography — enable students to examine the larger historical, social, political, economic, and environmental contexts in which human actions occur. Through courses in the social sciences, students confront the global and interdependent world in which they live and will work.
School of Business and Global Innovation
- Students majoring in business can focus on specialties such as accounting, business information technology, financial planning, international business, management, aviation management, hospitality management, retail business management, and marketing. All programs in the School of Business and Global Innivation are fully accredited by the Accreditaion Council for Business Schools and Programs.
Munley College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Website