Undergraduate Honors Program Board (HPB)
Purpose & Function
The HPB meets with the Honors Director to discuss:
- potential changes to the Honors Program (curricular, administrative, and extracurricular)
- assist in program planning and development
- review of Honors courses, enrichment or internship contracts to ensure high quality of program offerings
- the recruitment of students
The HPB also works to support undergraduate research more broadly by:
- running the annual Undergraduate Research Forum
- advising on research funding amounts
- evaluating student proposals where necessary
Honors Program Director (Chair)
Honors Program Assistant Director
One full time faculty member from each college
One representative of the Registrar’s Office
One representative of the Undergraduate Admissions Office
All faculty appointments made by the Provost in consultation with the Honors Director.
Representative of the Registrar’s Office is appointed by the Registrar.
Representative of the Undergraduate Admissions Office is appointed by the Director of University Admissions.
Faculty – Three-year term, with the possibility of one additional consecutive term. Eligibility is effective again after a hiatus of one year.
Other appointments – One-year term, with the possibility of one additional consecutive term. Eligibility is effective again after a hiatus of one year.
Meetings are held once or twice per semester.
03/09/2018 – Upon recommendation of each respective committee and with the Faculty Senate support, the Undergraduate Research Review Committee and the Undergraduate Honors Program Board were consolidated into one committee to be known as the Undergraduate Honors Program Board (HPB). The President of the University approved this consolidation as recommended by the Policy Committee of the University.