"I try to provide students with support in the form of modeling and guided practice as they learn new strategies."
-Dr. Tammy Brown
NEW! Marywood University Is Pleased to Announce Its Autism Spectrum Disorders Endorsement Certificate
This new program offers educators, school psychologists, counselors and other professionals course work and practicum to work effectively with children and youth diagnosed with ASD. The 12-credit, fully online, PDE-approved certificate is designed to develop and enhance effective educational, assessment and collaborative practices to support educators, school districts, and community organizations. A total of 80 hours (20 hours per class) of field practicum is required.
Program admission requirements:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- An official transcript for each college or university attended
- A graduate admission application and essay
- A background in education, psychology, communication disorders, or another related discipline is recommended
- State and federal clearances required for practicum hours, which include criminal check, child abuse and FBI fingerprinting
- Level I or II certificate if seeking PDE endorsement.
- Fully online; complete your learning anytime, anywhere
- Complete in two semesters
- Accelerated 8-week semester courses
- $400 per credit
- 4-course sequence (12 credits)
- Accelerated online format
This program is designed to appeal to a broad range of professionals including, but not limited to:
- School psychologists
- Guidance counselors
- Behavior specialists
- Speech and language clinicians
- Occupational and physical therapists
- Reading specialists
- Home-school visitor.
For more information, contact Dr. Patricia Sullivan Arter at email@example.com.
Specialization in Secondary Education
- Biology (7-12)
- Communication (7-12)
- English (7-12)
- General Science (7-12)
- Mathematics (7-12)
- Social Studies (7-12)