The Library, located in the Learning Resources Center (LRC), houses a collection of over 220,000 books and bound periodicals and over 15,000 print and electronic journals. All are acessible through a public, electronic catalog available online.
Communication Sciences & Disorders
Our Communication Sciences & Disorders Department boasts a Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic where students have the opportunity to work with individuals with speech, language, and hearing difficulties. The clinic is equipped with video monitors and a complete audiological evaluation facility.
Psychology & Counseling
Our Psychology & Counseling Department is housed in the McGowan Center for Graduate and Professional Studies. This building features state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities to support counseling and psychology students:
- Psychological Services Center: a fully-equipped clinic providing mental health services to the community and training facilities for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
- Research Lab: a group meeting room and eight individual research cubicles that support online psychological testing programs, video editing, and the creation of CD-ROM and digital video training and research materials.
- Stress and Coping Lab: a lab with access to psychophysiology monitoring equipment (biofeedback, polygraph integrated with a computer interface), digital video editing software, and CD-ROM authoring capabilities.
- Neuropsychology Lab: a lab with access to neuropsychology assessment devices (Halstead-Reitan Battery) and a dedicated testing room with one-way observation/video taping capabilities.
- Psychology Library: a library housing books, journals, and specimen sets to support student research.
Our Education Department maintains a curriculum lab of texts, manipulative materials, and software designed for K-12 programs. For those interested in working with infants, toddlers, and preschool-age children, there are ample opportunities to observe and teach right on campus, in Marywood's own childcare and preschool programs.