Student Health Services
Director of Student Health Services (#428)
This position is 44 weeks per year.
Summary of Duties
The Director of Student Health Services is responsible for the oversight and provision of health care services for students, consistent with the mission, values and ethical standards of Marywood University and within the standard of care of the nursing profession. The Director will plan and evaluate health care services and provide health care to students in conjunction with additional staff members. S/he is responsible for coordination of staffing, budget, policy and program development and implementation, and adherence to legal, professional and ethical standards.
Qualifications: Required – Licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with at least three years of experience in student health, emergency room or community health nursing. Preferred – Certified Registered Nursing Practitioner; five or more years of experience.
The successful candidate is an important leader within the Student Life division. Review of applications will begin immediately. Please send your resume and cover letter addressing qualifications and experiences to: email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, provide and evaluate student primary health care.
- Collaborate with medical staff, consultants and community resources to provide health services to students.
- Coordinate all clearance requirements for nursing, physician assistant, athletic training and music therapy students.
- Coordinate student health insurance program, including reviewing proposals from vendors, educating constituents on insurance program, and serving as an intermediary between insurance company and student when required.
- Serve on the Behavioral Intervention Team, Eating Disorders Team and other relevant University Committees representing the needs of students and the department.
- Closely collaborate with colleagues within the Student Life division and other student support areas.
- Participate in meetings with Student Health Directors at Colleges and Universities in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Respond to student and parent e-mails (as appropriate) on a daily basis.
- Arrange all vaccine clinics for students and employees; provides for allergy injections by physician.
- Facilitate appropriate programming, e.g., vaccine clinics, etc.
- Oversee office administration functions, such as payroll, budget, contracts of physician and nutritionist, ordering of supplies etc.
- Participate in freshmen orientation (currently held in mid-July), and transfer and international student orientation (beginning of semesters/sessions).
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin shortly. A resume, a letter relating the candidate's experience, background and interests to the qualificaitons sought and the names and complete addresses of 3 current professional references should be submitted electronically to : firstname.lastname@example.org