Support Specialist - Part Time (#937)
Hours per Week: 20
Weeks per Year: 40 (10 month position)
Days per Week: Monday through Friday
Hours per Day: Hours can be variable. Evening hours may be necessary to accommodate testing.
Summary of Duties
The Support Specialist is responsible for assisting the Office of Disability Services and the Tutoring Center personnel with a variety of assigned duties.
A high school diploma is required.
Work Experience Requirements
Excellent organizational skills, and willingness to develop additional skills as needed. Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Forms. Experience working in higher education is preferred.
HUMAN RELATIONS REQUIREMENTS - This person must deal with various constituencies of the University, including administration, faculty, staff, students, and parents. A mature attitude toward interpersonal relationships and the ability to cope with stressful situations in a calm manner are important.
SPECIAL SKILLS - The person in this position is privy to information of a very confidential nature. A fine-tuned sense of integrity and privacy is a must. S/he must bring to the position a maturity and professionalism which results in an independent, self-propelling interest in this service oriented work. The person must subscribe to the mission, goals and objectives of Marywood University.
- Administers exams and secures completed exams as directed.
- Secures testing cubicles, room and office at the end of each shift.
- Assists with academic accommodation request portal as directed by supervisor to ensure students accommodation plans are completed in a timely manner.
- Answers emails to the main Student Disability Services address.
- Retrieve and send mail.
- Maintains file management of Student Disability Services and purge documents as directed.
- Update spreadsheets as needed for Student Disability Services.
- Answer or return phone calls.
- Assist with transferring notes from note takers to students.
- Log all tutoring data (tutor, tutee, rate, subject, date, time) in database for centers and individual tutors (approx. 90-100) each semester. File management of hard copies of all session logs by pay end dates for proof of signature.
- Log all visitors to the Tutoring Centers each semester. Compile data and create Semester Summary Reports and graphs to show totals in all aspects of tutoring; total tutors, total hours, amount paid and a comparison chart of current and previous semesters.
- Maintain file management of electronic and hard copy tutoring logs; purge documents which have exceeded 5 years retention limit, as directed.
- Maintain accurate Tutoring List for use in payroll management. Monitor missing data elements under direction of supervisor.
- Responsible for completing Note Takers payroll, Work Study payroll, and submitting payroll form to Human Resources for processing.
- Other duties as assigned by department supervisor(s).
The employee must sit for extended periods, utilizing a personal computer a great deal of the time.
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Support Specialist - Part Time online