Human Resources Generalist (#511)
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as the need arises.
Summary of Duties
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, policy implementation, recruitment, and employment law compliance.
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field as well as three to five years of HR experience.
- Strong technology skills with capability in email, MS Office, and related HR software.
- Master's degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- SHRM certification preferred.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all University personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems to continually improve the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports.
- Develops and delivers HR-related training.
- Serves on the Employee Health and Safety Committee.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Apply for Human Resources Generalist online