School of Social Work
Administrative Assistant (#125)
37.5 hrs. per wk, 52 wks. per yr.
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
1 hour lunch period provided
Summary of Duties
- Carries a variety of responsibilities for activities that contribute to the effective operation of the office of the Director of the School of Social Work. as well as the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, MSW Program Director and BSW Program Director; includes supporting contracts, correspondence and budget operations for four on-site program directors (Scranton, Lehigh Valley, Pocono, and Central PA), as well as the BSW program and Field Education.
- Serves as a liaison with several other University Departments in the resolution of daily administrative/operational problems.
- Orders all office supplies and academic supplies (cords, awards, etc.)
- Submits all department maintenance requests
- Works with the Marywood Bookstore on all course book adoptions; orders desk copies from publishers for all instructors.
- Maintains a current contact list/directory for faculty, adjuncts, and liaisons for the School of Social Work at all four sites, which includes e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, etc., on an academic semesterly basis.
- Maintains and creates faculty, adjunct, and liaison semester contracts as well as over-load contracts to submit to the Dean of CCHS.
- Assists the Director with monitoring budgets and projecting budgets within the School of Social Work for all MSW sites, the BSW Program, and Field Education.
- Assists the Director with the scheduling of the master course offerings for the Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters and updates Master Schedule Catalog to be submitted to the Registrar's Office.
- Submits and maintains the University Calendar for the School of Social Work.
- Takes notes at each monthly MSW Program meetings to submit to the Director.
- Maintains and over=sees the web page and Facebook page for the School of Social Work with updates on student and faculty accomplishments, events, info sessions, etc.
- Distributes faculty, adjunct, and course evaluations with the direction from the Director of the School of Social Work.
- Assists faculty with monthly travel expense forms submitted to the Fiscal Department.
- Completes and submits all online print shop requests to PDQ Printing.
- Initiates employment documentation for new hires in the department.
- Schedules and coordinates MSW Program meetings, events, award ceremonies; Oversees room reservations with Centralized Scheduling, places Chartwell's food orders, room set-ups via physical plant requests, sets up all conference calls via Level 3, etc.
High school diploma as well as a minimum of 2 years office and secretarial experience.
Work Experience Requirements:
Excellent knowledge of general office procedures, copying & faxing machines, multi phone lines, excellent computer skills, written and oral communications. Microsoft word, Excel, ACCESS, Power Point, G-mail required. The ability to work as a team member as well as independently in a fast paced environment. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality with students, faculty, professional staff and deal with frequent interruptions, excellent communication skills as well as organizational skills required.
How to Apply
Please submit a completed resume and a Marywood University employment application to the Office of Human Resources via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, in person, or regular mail to 2300 Adams Avenue, Scranton, PA 18509, LAC Building, Suite 86