Continuing Education - INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Director, Professional Continuing Education (#246)
Days per Week: Monday through Friday
Hours per Day: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Length of Meal Period: 30 minutes
Summary of Duties
The Director of Professional Continuing Education (PCE) is responsible for strategic planning, developing and execution of both on-campus and online Professional Continuing Education programming at Marywood University. The Director of PCE is responsible for the design, development, marketing, delivery and successful management of all professional continuing education programs held on Marywood University’s main campus. Programs are designed to effectively address current and emerging market needs and to include methods of distribution of CEUs electronically where possible. The Director of PCE is proactive in assessing community needs, developing and overseeing budgets, proposals, plans; and implementing and evaluating continuing education programming. This involves working closely with faculty, staff, students, members of the community, and local and state-wide organizations to develop programming that meets the professional development and lifelong learning needs of the professional community. The Director of PCE maintains all related accreditations and complies with various CEU reporting mandates. Working with the University online software registration program is an additional requirement of the job. The Director of PCE assures that the program aligns with and supports the vision and mission of Marywood University. Position reports to the Provost.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree. A master’s degree in adult education, higher education, or related field is preferred.
Work Experience Requirements
Related experience in the continuing educational field of higher education is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of accreditation procedures for professional associations
- Highly organized with a strong ability to establish priorities, adjust to challenges as they arise, and manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong analytical skills to identify solutions to resolve problems
- Experience in developing business strategy and making data-informed decisions
- Proficient with technology
- Background in continuing education
- Experience in a managerial role in higher education
- Experience with budget management and program development
- Experience in marketing, especially social media
- Knowledge of Augusoft's Lumens online registration software
- Collaborates with deans, faculty, and staff on the creation of professional, credit and noncredit certificates and training/courses that emphasize relevance and applicability, and the effective marketing of those offerings to both internal and external constituencies
- Stays current on best practices
- Builds long-standing, positive relationships with external clients and internal staff
- Effectively requests, reads and interprets data to design competitive programming
- Conducts program assessments
- Oversees the development, execution, and assessment of both internal and external training programs/courses
- Conducts an annual environmental scan of the greater Scranton area for current and potential needs to better meet the workforce development trends
- Identifies strategic opportunities to respond to regional learning needs in business, organizations, and communities, and develops and markets certificate/course offerings to meet these needs
- Interfaces with deans and departments to develop and maintain a stable team of potential trainers/facilitators
- Works with the Provost to develop strategic objectives annually
- Maintains a climate and culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Plans and implements new initiatives
- Communicates program mission and makes promotional presentations
- Manages budget and approves expenditures
- Undertakes special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to walk medium distances and lift and carry 30 lbs.
This position requires an understanding of and willingness to operationalize Marywood's mission and core values. The ideal candidate is someone with mature professionalism, strong organizational skills and a self-propelling interest in service-oriented work. The individual must have experience building relationships with various communities and working with multiple constituencies.
Apply for Director, Professional Continuing Education online