Respiratory Therapist Program Director (#708)
Summary of Duties
Marywood University is seeking a Program Director for its B.S. in Respiratory Therapy (Base) Program. This is a 12-month renewable position, with the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor. Responsibilities include program administration and development, faculty leadership, communication and collaboration with internal and external affiliates, student support, advisement, and teaching.
The Director will provide leadership to the Program to ensure quality educational outcomes and continued maintenance of CoARC accreditation. Candidates must be capable in all areas of programmatic administration, budget, organization, faculty affairs, planning, development, evaluation and programmatic accreditation. The Director will provide vision to promote innovation and success of the Respiratory Therapy program.
Marywood University currently offers two options for a Bachelor of Science degree in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT): a four-year entry-level program and an RRT to BSRT degree completion program.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist for a minimum of four years.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in clinical respiratory therapy.
- Must have at least two years’ experience teaching in an accredited respiratory therapist program either as an appointed faculty member or as a clinical preceptor.
- Must have an earned master's degree from an accredited academic institution.
- Must hold a valid Pennsylvania respiratory therapist license, or be license eligible.
- Must hold and maintain current BLS certification.
- Must hold and maintain current AARC membership.
- Experience in CoARC accreditation process.
Administrative responsibilities include understanding and anticipating the needs and trends in respiratory therapy education, communication of student and program requirements, changes, and student feedback to the University administration, and the recruitment of potential students and other operational program requirements.
Organizational responsibilities include curriculum development, teaching, orientations and student events, collaboration with university support resources for communications, marketing, admissions, financial aid, registrar’s office, and student affairs.
Please submit a current CV, transcripts and a letter of interest highlighting qualifications. Applications received by September 18, 2020 will receive priority review. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Anticipated start date of January 4, 2021.
Apply for Respiratory Therapist Program Director online