Business Process Analyst (#975)
35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
1 hour lunch period
Summary of Duties
The Business Process Analyst will apply process improvement methodologies and best practice principles to design and propose new or revised processes to achieve key business objectives across the organization in a more efficient and effective way. Essential job functions include:
- Build partnerships, based on trust and transparency, with business units to understand expectations and document business needs/requirements.
- Identify, analyze, map and document business processes and problems, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Assess process designs for gaps, non-value added steps, and other impediments to efficient operation.
- Challenge the status quo; identify new approaches and spot untapped opportunities.
- Research best practices and prepare recommendations for appropriate solutions where applicable.
- Participate in problem-solving in areas such as system design, input/output requirements and procedural flow between departments and/or business systems.
- Design and implement technical solutions to improve manual processes.
- Write functional design documents at a detailed level that would allow a new user to fully understand the business process.
- Provide technical assistance and training to end-users as appropriate.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague.
- Exposure to, and understanding of server/Web/network architectures and associated security issues.
- Business Process Improvement Certification (BPM, BPI)
- Experience retrieving and manipulating data using SQL, or other comparable languages.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with business process improvement methodologies to include identifying, analyzing, mapping and documenting business processes and problems, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with translating complex business requirements into detailed system requirements specifications.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications, e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and to collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate strong communication and presentation skills in meetings, facilitated sessions, and senior leadership presentations.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources, 2300 Adams Ave, Scranton, Pa 18509 via mail or in person. You can also Email your documents to email@example.com (preferred method)