Student Activities and Leadership Development
Director of Student Activities and Leadership Development (#445)
35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, 8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M., 1 hour meal period.
Summary of Duties
- The Director of Student Activities and Leadership Development is appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Vice President for Enrollment Services and Student Success and the Dean of Students after consultation with the university community.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- The Director of Student Activities and Leadership Development in responsible for the administration of comprehensive student activities and leadership education programs to enhance the integration of students' academic and out-of-class learning experiences. The director coordinates the planning, policy formulation, and management of the activities and educational programs of the Student Activities and Leadership Development Office and serves as requested in other Student Life Division activities to support the mission and goals of the university.
- Service as the primary programming resource for student organizations; coordinate special events including program development, contract negotiations, licensing, audience development, publicity, etc. (i.e. Spring Fling, Flapjack Fest, Senior Week, Homecoming, and assist with other events such as Commencement, etc.) as requested. Also, serve as the liaison between student groups and university support departments (i.e Campus Safety, Dining Services, Physical Plant, etc.) and manage events on-site as necessary.
- Advise various student groups including the undergraduate Student Government Association and its committees, the Student Activities Crew, Commuter Committee, and Orientation Team Leaders. Provide support to Marywood University's Greek social organizations.
- Select, train, supervise, and evaluate support staff, graduate assistants, and student staff of the Office of Student Activities and Leadership Development.
- Serve as the primary administrator of the New Student Orientation program that involves approximately 70 student volunteers and includes July's new student orientation and August's Fall welcome program.
- Coordinate and support faculty and staff advisement of recognized student organizations; manage the formation/recognition process of new student organizations; and, advise groups about intra-organizational concerns, programming budgets, and related issues.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive leadership development program; oversee the National Society for Leadership and Success efforts.
- Oversee the game room and coordinate tournaments and related activities.
- Develop and administer assessment processes for the overall Student Activities and Leadership Development services and programs. Assess student satisfaction with activities and services regularly and identify developing trends and interests in these areas. Assess learning outcomes. Compile and analyze data, report findings and propose action steps and plans.
- Serve on university committees as appointed and prepare reports, proposals and related correspondence as requested.
- Collaborate with staff across all areas to design and manage new student activities and leadership development programs and services that support the university's mission and goals.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
3. Line of Responsibility
- The Director of Student Activities and Leadership Development is directly responsible to the Dean of Students.
4. Minimum Qualifications
- Master's degree required in higher education administration, student personnel, counseling, or a related field and a minimum of two 02) years of progressive administrative and professional experience at the collegiate level, including managing large-scale campus events, as well as overseeing a complete array of fiscal and operational complexities associated with co-curricular event and program planning required.
- A record of successful administrative leadership and experience managing and supervising staff.
- Ability to sustain communication with diverse groups, anticipate problems, reconcile conflicts, and maintain a strong philosophical base for student engagement.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond in a timely manner to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external stakeholders for the purpose of providing information and resolving problems.
- Must possess a student-centered philosophy and approach to work.
- The ability to work evening and weekend hours as necessary.
Masters degree required.
Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum of two years experience in student activities, leadership development, or a related field.
Driver's License required.
Please apply via the link to apply below.Apply for Director of Student Activities and Leadership Development online