Gift Processor (#571)
35 hrs per wk, 52 wks per yr. (some overtime and evening work required)
Summary of Duties
Marywood University seeks a motivated, detail-oriented person to join the Advancement Services team as a full-time Gift Processor. The Gift Processor will be an in-house expert of the donor database–specializing in ensuring all gifts and pledges are accurately recorded in the Raiser’s Edge database and reconciled with the Office of Business Affairs while also recording and maintaining all data on constituent records.
The successful candidate will exhibit the ability to perform detailed tasks efficiently and accurately while continuously working to improve processes and procedures to enhance the services provided by the Office of University Advancement. The position requires the ability to work with internal and external constituents with a high level of care and confidentiality. The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain a robust donor database with great integrity of data and provide an exceptional level of customer service.
The Gift Processor handles all philanthropic donations made to Marywood University, which involves processing of daily gifts in the Raiser’s Edge, a comprehensive, integrated, relational database system. Gift processing includes entering gifts and reconciling with the Office of Business Affairs, producing gift receipts and individualized acknowledgement letters, ensuring all IRS guidelines related to gift processing and receipting are strictly followed, and creating and submitting batch and posting reports in accordance with University Advancement's policies. Additionally the position assists the Director of Advancement Services, Scholarship, and Stewardship with maintaining data integrity and adding new data to the database. The Gift Processor will be an integral member of a highly collaborative team of development and alumni professionals.
High school diploma or GED required (Associates Degree is preferred).
Work Experience Requirements
Experience with financial and statistical record-keeping techniques and at least one year of Development experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of database software required; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office – especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed including but not limited to completing online trainings, webinars, and self-study
- Understanding of financial and statistical record-keeping techniques
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others using tact, patience and courtesy
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organize workload in a busy environment, able to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain confidential files, information, and reports and ensure security and confidentiality of all data processed through Advancement Services
- Ability to work in an office environment with constant interruptions
- Ability to represent the University with the highest degree of professionalism and positive public relations
A completed Marywood application is required.
Apply for Gift Processor online