Administrative Assistant (Administrative Lead) (#292)
35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
1 hour lunch period
Summary of Duties
Answer and manage a high volume of telephone requests and walk-in inquiries. Greet and refer visitors and calls to appropriate staff. Make and manage appointments for Dean. Maintain strong communication ties between the Dean’s Office and the Department Chairs and secretaries. Arrange for meeting rooms, anticipate materials needed for appointment and meetings. Take and transcribe minutes for College committees. Assist with various preparations and activities related to Hooding and Honors and Commencement. Coordinate with the Registrar’s Office to maintain accurate listing of semester graduates. Track and maintain faculty personnel records and verify student records; send Dean’s List letters and other correspondence. Manage office equipment, requisition supplies and printing. Manage the operational budget for the Dean’s Office. Maintain administrative filing system. Check/mail overload and part-time contracts, seasonal contracts, and independent contractor agreements. Prepare reports for course evaluations. Additional responsibilities as needed.
- High school diploma required; some college education preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience as a secretary/administrative assistant, or position with similar responsibilities required; experience working in higher education preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills (both written and spoken, in person and on the telephone) and hospitable approach in working with faculty, staff, and the public.
- High proficiency in typing and word processing with experience taking minutes at meetings and processing written communications. Expert knowledge of and high level of proficiency with entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with enterprise software also necessary; working knowledge of University Data Management systems very desirable.
- Commitment to confidentiality and the ability to work independently and provide oversight to Dean’s office operations are also necessary.
How to Apply
Please forward application materials (resume and letter of interest) to email@example.com.