ESL Instructor-Evening (Grant Funded)
Hours and terms of weeks per year are determined by the availability of State and Federal funding.
Summary of Duties
The English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor will be responsible for teaching evening class as part of the ESL program offered by Marywood University both on campus and at community sites. This includes assessing students and planning lessons in alignment with the Pennsylvania Department of Education curriculum and Marywood University. The ideal candidate will have the ability to motivate and retain adult ESL learners, and must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with outside agencies, students, and administrative staff: The ESL Instructor is responsible to the Adult Basic Literacy Education (ABLE) Program Director/GED Coordinator and ESL Coordinator under the supervision of the Provost for Researched and Sponsored Programs.
Position requires flexibility in work schedule to accommodate classes that are offered in both the day and evening. In addition to instructional classes, program professional development is mandatory for all staff. Travel to off-site locations for instruction may be necessary and required.
- Lesson preparation and delivery of instruction.
- Perform ESL assessments as part of program requirements, set educational/career goals for each student, and ensure that instruction aligns with goal attainment. Develop and implement ongoing opportunities for ESL students to become fluent in speaking, reading, listening, and writing of English
- Experience using computer technology for lessons and other forms of instruction beyond lecture.
- Assist in community outreach efforts in order to promote services within the community and with workforce partners.
- Participate in professional development as part of the Program Improvement Plan.
Bachelor's Degree in Education. Reading Specialist and ESL certification preferred along with experience in teaching ESL and adult learners.
Driver's License Required.
Apply for ESL Instructor-Evening (Grant Funded) online