Administrative Assistant (#397)
This is a 44 week / 10 month per year position, with a FT schedule through the academic year (August through June).
8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m, 1 hour lunch period
Summary of Duties
The Administrative Assistant for Campus Ministry provides support and assistance to campus ministers and students in facilitating programs and achieving stated goals and outcomes. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Mission and Campus Ministry.
- Creates a welcoming environment for students and visitors; assists callers, makes referrals; interacts in a positive way with students, staff, and public
- Manages and maintains Campus Ministry calendar, webpages, and social media
- Schedules appointments and meetings, takes messages, and coordinates communication with students and staff
- Prepares routine announcements, flyers, worship aids
- Acts as liaison with other university departments
- Processes room reservations, purchase orders, check requests, work orders, mailings, printing, and similar needs
- Monitors printer and office supplies
- Maintains financial and other records; looks up and compiles data; provides assistance with reports
- Records minutes of meetings
- Organizes, manages, and maintains files
- Supervises student workers
- Organizes and coordinates Christmas Giving Trees, Red Cross Blood Drives, and Easter Giving Baskets; assists with Thanksgiving Adopt A Family
- Assists staff and student leaders with details of Campus Ministry programs and events
- Assists with details and preparation for service trips and community service events
- Serves as sacristan for University liturgies
- Maintains order of reception area, chapel, work rooms, bulletin boards, etc.
- Performs other duties as requested or required for the efficient functioning of the department
High school diploma or equivalent required
Work Experience Requirements:
Office experience, strong computer skills including data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Google Drive
Driver’s license, experience with social media and webpage management
Desire to be part of Campus Ministry team; ability to interact positively with staff, students, and visitors; self-starter, organizational skills; strong oral and written communication skills; ability to work amid distractions; willingness to grow with needs of the office
How to Apply
A completed application must be on file in the Office of Human Resources.
Office of Human Resources
Liberal Arts Center 86
(Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)