Nutrition and Dietetics
Assistant Professor - Tenure Track (#87)
Summary of Duties
The Nutrition and Dietetics (ND) Department, at Marywood University is seeking a team-oriented, full-time, 9-month, tenure-track professor at the Assistant rank to begin Fall 2021. Our department offers both Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)-accredited and non-accredited undergraduate and graduate programs including traditional and Spanish Didactic Programs in Dietetics (DPDs), onsite and distance Master of Science (MS) + Dietetic Internship (DI) programs, an online MS in Nutrition option, and a Sports Nutrition and Exercise Science (SNES) program. Our ND faculty team strives to cultivate learning experiences that empower students to develop skills that allow them to pursue meaningful work that makes a positive impact on others. The ND Department is part of the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS), houses a Culinary Laboratory, active learning classrooms, shares a Human Performance Lab, and is uniquely situated for interprofessional collaborations.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to teach in person and online undergraduate and graduate courses that support the ND programs’ curricula; advise and mentor students; provide meaningful service to the University, profession, and community; and participate in scholarly activities. This team member will be instrumental in helping to maintain enrollment and grow the ND programs.
Qualified candidates should:
- Be aligned with Marywood University’s Mission and Core Values
- Possess an earned Doctorate in Nutrition, or a closely related field
- Individuals who anticipate completing their degree by May 2021 are also encouraged to apply
- Research or practice-based experience in Nutrition or closely related field
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Their Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credential
- Prior, proficient teaching experience
- Experience with delivery of courses in an online modality
- Demonstrated commitment to student engagement and success
- Evidence of service to the profession and/or community
- Experience and/or familiarity with the ACEND accreditation standards
- Outstanding communication skills
- A desire to work in collaborative teams
Applicants from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Marywood University is a small, comprehensive Catholic University sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Our campus is a close-knit community that focuses on teaching. We are located near the Pocono Mountains in Northeastern Pennsylvania, easily accessible to Philadelphia and New York City. Additional information about our University is available at www.marywood.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a team member is found. Please include:
- Letter of application
- Teaching philosophy
- Statement of research interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Names, phone numbers and email addresses of at least three (3) references
Marywood University is committed to being an equitable and inclusive workplace, and we encourage applicants who share our vision to apply. EEO/AA employer.
Apply for Assistant Professor - Tenure Track online