Athletics & Recreation
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (#384)
52 weeks / year with varying hours
Summary of Duties
Applications are invited for the part-time Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach position at Marywood University. The primary responsibilities include: assisting the head coach with recruiting, scheduling and related administrative duties involved with the men’s basketball program.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, and 2-3 years of experience as a men’s basketball coach, preferably at the Division III college/university level
- General knowledge of intercollegiate athletics as well as NCAA policies and compliance issues
- A strong interpersonal, planning and organizational abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Competency with technology resources and a current driver’s license are vital to fulfilling the responsibilities of this position.
Marywood is an independent, comprehensive, Catholic university with more than 3500 students. Located in a residential area of Scranton, PA with easy access to the Pocono Mountains, the University features a new ‘state-of-the-art’ athletics and wellness facility and is within a two-hour drive of New York City and Philadelphia. Affordable housing in attractive communities with good schools is readily available. The University enrolls approximately 1900 students in more than fifty-five undergraduate programs and approximately 1,300 graduate students in 33 masters degree, as well as terminal degree programs, including a Psy. D., Ed. S., M.F.A. and an inter-disciplinary Ph.D. with five specializations.
How to Apply
Review of applications will immediately for the 2019-20 academic year. A Marywood application, a resume, and the names and complete addresses of three current professional references should be submitted to Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach Search Committee c/o Office of Human Resources, Marywood University, 2300 Adams Avenue, Scranton, PA 18509-1598 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marywood University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.