Student Services Coordinator (#243)
23 hours per week, 28 weeks per year.
Summary of Duties
The Student Services Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of Adult Basic Education, General Educational Development (GED), and English as a Second Language (ESL) classroom aide services and case management. This includes assessing students, training classroom aides, creating schedules, planning students' curriculum, providing support to students and classroom aides, and connecting students with resources to support their success.
Position requires 23 hours per week and is responsible for the Adult Basic Literacy Education (ABLE) Project Director under the supervision of the Assistant to Provost of Research and Sponsored Programs.
- Coordinates and implements the classroom aid program which includes recruitment, intake, and interview process for students.
- Perform assessments as part of program requirements and assist students with setting educational goals and ensuring that instruction aligns with goal attainment.
- Coordinate and provide support to volunteer classroom aides and students through various means of communication to assure a sound program and successful student outcomes.
- Organize and arrange for classroom aide training and assist with the development of individual and agency professional development as part of the Program Improvement Plan.
- Provide students with resources to support their success.
Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field, preferably previous experience in Adult Literacy Education and/or Community Outreach. Other experiences to be considered are experienced working with volunteers, computer skills, and an ability to flexible in work schedule and location. The position will require day and evening availability. The candidate must possess a valid PA state driver's license.
Please complete the application and submit a resume via the link to apply below.
Apply for Student Services Coordinator online