Help Desk Technician (#472)
40 hrs per wk, 52 wks per yr.
1:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Summary of Duties
Provide software, hardware, and overall tech support via phone, email, remote connectivity, and in person to Marywood University faculty, staff, administration, and students.
- Function as the initial point of contact responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or through remote access, providing level 1 hardware and software support
- Resolve computer related problems during the initial contact if possible, escalating problems to the appropriate IT staff when necessary
- Enter, monitor, and respond to tickets within the IT Web Help Desk system
- Monitor equipment available for sign out: laptops, Conference Phones, Microphones, etc.
- Work closely with the Manager of Desktop Services to provide guidance and training for the Student Help Desk staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in IT or a related field is preferred. Completion of formal training in a computer tech school and work experience is acceptable
- Experience with productivity software such as Microsoft Office and Google Apps is required
- Experience supporting both Windows and MAC based operating systems and software preferred
- Experience supporting Higher Education software such as Moodle, GoPrint, Ellucian Colleague is preferred
- Candidate should be a team player, well organized, able to manage their time well and be able to work and communicate with users at all levels of computer knowledge
- Candidate should have excellent people skills and a desire to provide exceptional customer service
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, CV, and completed Marywood employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person to the Office of Human Resources; 2300 Adams Ave, Scranton, PA 18509 LAC 186