Assistant Director of Infrastructure Services (#482)
35 hours per week (FT), 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M., 1 hour lunch period
Summary of Duties
The Assistant Director of Infrastructure Services reports to the Director of Information Technology (IT) and will provide both strategic and operational leadership for the University’s IT infrastructure services. In this role, they will provide strong leadership, coordination, vision, strategy, planning, and hands-on support of the university-wide technology infrastructure; including the data centers, network, servers, data storage, voice/telecom services, internet/intranet services, business continuity and disaster recovery operations, and information security operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Network Engineering or a related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Eight years of progressive experience in Information Technology, including at least three years’ of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with a wide variety, and expertise in one or more, of the following Infrastructure technical domains: data centers, identity management, systems, storage, database administration, networks, voice/telecom, cloud, security, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
- Experience working with VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server OS, Unix/Linux OS, Active Directory, SAML, and core Network technologies including switches, routers, firewalls, subnets, VLANs, and VPNs.
- Demonstrated ability to build infrastructure capabilities that effectively balance the need to optimize operational efficiency with the need to deliver innovative and agile infrastructure solutions in cost-effective ways.
- Excellent leadership abilities with the ability to work with technology associates of varying levels and expertise: must possess the ability to develop team members in order to meet support expectations; must demonstrate an ability to work closely and harmoniously with colleagues on innovative uses of technology.
- Experience in IT planning, strategy, and architecture that supports an organization’s business needs and operations, with the ability to plan and execute technology infrastructure initiatives strategically, tactically, and expansively.
- Promotes a vision of excellence in customer experience and service delivery with the ability to work collaboratively across all areas of the university and with external groups.
- Proven experience in personnel administration, professional development planning, technology planning, and project management.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Provide overall vision and strategy in all areas of the University’s IT infrastructure including data centers, servers, storage, network, telecom, internet/intranet, business continuity, and information security.
- Establish and maintain the overall system and network architectures through infrastructure upgrades and initiatives, evaluating on-premise and cloud-based hardware, software and storage solutions to meet the needs of the university’s short and long-term strategic goals.
- Provide functional backup to System, Network and Application Administrators in day-to-day support of all IT infrastructure systems.
- Provide primary support for Unix/Linux servers.
- Lead the Infrastructure Team, collaborating closely with the other IT teams to provide excellent customer service and support.
- Evaluate the job performance of the Infrastructure team members and make recommendations for skills development, professional development, hiring, firing, promotions, and salary adjustments.
- Develop, implement, and test business continuity and disaster recovery plans, procedures, and services directly related to the IT Infrastructure.
- Work closely with the Director of IT to develop and implement Information Security systems, plans, procedures, and protocols to protect the IT Infrastructure.
- Participate as a member of the IT leadership team.
- Perform related work and other duties as required.
How to Apply
Please send a Marywood Application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com, or drop documents off in person/by mail to
Office of Human Resources: Ciara O'Malley
2300 Adams Avenue,
Scranton, PA 18509