Student Involvement Coordinator (#447)
Varies/Flexible: 35 hours per week, specified weekly hours negotiable
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Director of Student Engagement, the Coordinator will aid in many aspects of the office’s operation, services, and student staff within the Office of Student Engagement (OSE). The Coordinator’s primary duties include the support and oversight of Marywood's Greek Organizatoins as well as advising all other The Coordinator will also assist in the administration of the Marywood App and assist with various leadership events and the development and facilitation of training workshops for student leaders. The Coordinator will collaborate with a variety of university offices to create inclusive, engaging and student-focused opportunities for involvement. Knowledge of Greek Life is highly desirable. Evening and weekend availability is required.
Bachelor’s degree required
Work Experience Requirements
0-1 year of full-time experience (in Student Activities/Student Affairs)
- Driver’s license required
- Candidates must possess a clear understanding of student development and have a demonstrated knowledge of the importance of co-curricular programming to student learning.
- The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter, with demonstrated ability to take initiative, use sound judgment to make decisions, and resolve problems in a diplomatic and effective manner.
- Must demonstrate cultural competence and have experience working with diverse populations.
- Must work collaboratively with all levels of staff, faculty, and campus departments.
- Experience managing and training student staff is highly desirable.
- Must have strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple demands, meet deadlines, and appropriately deal with stress.
- Excellent verbal, written, oral communication, presentation and networking skills are required.
- Event planning and student activities programming expertise is desirable.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- Understanding of programmatic assessment and evaluation.
- Provide oversight and support to one national fraternity and two local sororities, communicate and meet regularly with the organization's Presidents and Advisors, attend chapter meetings as necessary and coordinate monthly Greek Council meetings.
- Coordinate anti-hazing efforts including workshops, presentations, and online modules, as well as policy development to ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
- Provide support to 80+ clubs and organizations and assist in their efforts to plan events, raise funds, complete service activities, arrange travel accommodations, and monitor budgets.
- Serve as an administrator of the Marywood App, a student engagement platform, and ensure it is kept well-functioning and up to date with upcoming events, current clubs, and other various features.
- Assist with the development and implementation of training sessions for student leaders including the University's Programming Board, Orientation Leaders, and Student Government.
- Support the OSE accountability for faculty use by ensuring compliance with university policies related to alcohol, fire and safety regulations, scheduling policies and program content of office-sponsored activities.
- Assist in developing innovative marketing techniques to promote all OSE student programming and services.
- Update the Office of Student Engagement website and social media platforms.
- Serve on university committees and fulfill other short-term duties as assigned.
- Must have the mental and physical capability to work in a fast-paced (and sometimes unpredictable) environment.
- Travel not required, but opportunities for professional development conferences or student conferences may arise 1-2 times annually (i.e. accompany student leaders to the National Association for Campus Activities Conference, etc.)
Apply for Student Involvement Coordinator online