Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator
Summary of Duties
Marywood University (Marywood.edu), a comprehensive Catholic University founded in 1915 and sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary located in Scranton, Pennsylvania invites nominations and applications for the position of Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator. Reporting to the Vice President for Business Affairs the new Director will be responsible for the overall operation and planning for Human Resources. Visit www.Hyatt-Fennell.com for more information.
General Summary of Duties:
- Prepare and manage budgets (HR, Staff Recruitment, Fricchione Day Care Ctr)
- Provide compensation analysis
- Manage benefits – plan design, compliance, administration
- Monitor compliance – federal/state HR regulations (PDE Fluency, ACA, FMLA, ADA, OSHA, Worker’s Comp, etc.)
- Process H-1B visas for faculty/administrators
- Manage performance development program
- Manage the oversight of incentive programs (ERIP, SFHTP)
- Serve as the Title IX Coordinator – with oversight, training
- Resolve internal employee complaints
- Responsible for review, development and implementation of policies
- Manage the wellness program
- Manage the Employee United Way Campaign
- Provide oversight for:
- Fricchione Day Care Center
- Hiring Process
- Work Study Program
- Training and development (core values, supervisory issues, etc.)
- Serve on:
- President’s Council
- Employee Benefits Committee (Chair)
- University Policy Committee and executive committee
- Calendar Committee
- 403(b) plan fiduciary committee
- Other committees as required
About the University
Marywood University a comprehensive Catholic University founded in 1915 and sponsored by the Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary located in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Marywood’s main campus is located in an attractive residential area of Scranton, Pennsylvania. The Scranton-Wilkes Barre metropolitan area, located within minutes of the Pocono Mountains, offers a wide range of attractions, eateries, festivals, cultural events, shopping, and entertainment throughout the year. The area hosts minor league hockey and baseball teams, and the international airport in Avoca is minutes from the Marywood campus. Marywood is within driving distance of major cities of the Northeast, from a 2 ½ hour drive to New York City or Philadelphia, to a 4 to 6-hour drive to Washington D.C. or Boston.
Educational:Master’s degree in HR or related field strongly preferred. SHRM certification preferred.Minimum of 5 - 7 years in a management position in HR is required.Higher education background preferred.
How to Apply
Marywood University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt-Fennell. Application materials should be submitted to Cheryl Hyatt at Marywood@Hyatt-Fennell.com. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé, and contact information for five professional references. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to March 30, 2018 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.