Student Disability Services
Support Specialist (#937)
This position is on a part-time schedule of four days per week, 12 hours per week from 5:30 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
Summary of Duties
The Support Specialist is responsible for administering evening exams to students with academic accommodations due to a documented disability. The Support Specialist will be responsible for securing exams as necessary. Also, the Support Specialist will assist The Tutoring Center with maintaining files, both electronic and paper.
High school diploma and experience with similar responsibilities, excellent organizational skills, and willingness to develop additional skills as needed.
Work Experience Requirements:
Experience working in higher education preferred.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administers evening exams and secures completed exams as directed.
- Secures testing cubicles, room, and office at the end of each shift.
- Log all tutoring data (tutor, tutee, rate, subject, date, time) in a database for centers and individual tutors (approx. 90-100) each semester.
- File management of hard copies of all session logs by pay end dates for proof of signature.
- Provide Department timesheets for each pay period of individual tutoring sessions and group tutoring from data logged. Submits to the supervisor for signature.
- Log all visitors to the Tutoring Centers each semester. At the semester end with data logged, provide semester summary reports and graphs to show totals in all aspects of tutoring; total tutors, total hours, amount paid out and a comparison chart of current and previous semesters.
- Maintain file management of electronic and hard copy tutoring logs; purge documents over 5 years and label for shredding, as directed.
- Continue to check the accuracy of data and/or missing data; refer to supervisor when data is missing.
- Refer to Tutoring List for the accurate spelling of tutor names for payroll. Keep the updated list from the supervisor.
- Assists the Department as supervisor requests.
- Responsible for completing Note Takers payroll.
Please apply using the apply here link by submitting a Marywood Application and a current resume.Apply for Support Specialist online