Bayleaf on Facebook
Overall, we got 65 art submissions and 17 literary submissions this semester! Great work everyone. You are all what keeps our publication running. ❤️ Voting is happening NOW. If any Marywood undergraduate student would like to vote, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying so, and we would love to forward you the voting guidelines.
View on Facebook
Currently, we are experiencing a dearth of writing submissions... :( As a way to combat this unfortunate reality, we have decided to extend the writing submission deadline until 11:59 p.m. on FRIDAY APRIL 21... :) Please take advantage of this opportunity and submit your wonderful works to us!
View on Facebook
We hope you had a wonderful break filled with joy and inspiration! Make sure you submit your artwork, photography, poetry, and prose to us by this Wednesday before 11:59 p.m. to be considered for the Spring 2017 edition of The Bayleaf!
View on Facebook
The Bayleaf, Marywood's premiere journal of literature and art, publishes the work of undergraduate student writers and artists. The Bayleaf is published in the fall and spring semesters.
The Bayleaf accepts only original student work and strongly discourages resubmissions.
- All submissions should come in a format that will be easy to work with.
- The Bayleaf encourages students to submit their artwork as an attached file to email@example.com.
- The artist's name should not appear on the work, but a cover sheet should be provided stating (1.) the artist's name, (2.) the title of the work(s) submitted, (3.) your major and year, and (4.) your local or campus mailing address and phone number.
- Non-electronic submissions should come in a protective casing.
- The Bayleaf is not responsible for any damage incurred to artwork in the submission process.
- Properly submitted work will be returned to the artist shortly before publication.
- Poems, short stories, essays, or any other reasonably short genre of writing will be considered for publication.
- The Bayleaf encourages students to submit their manuscripts as an attached file saved in Microsoft Word to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All work must be typed in a legible font, such as Courier New, Times New Roman, or Arial. Handwritten entries will not be accepted.
- Do not underline or put the title of your work in quotation marks.
- Include title and page number in the upper right hand corner of each page of all submissions.
- If you are more comfortable submitting your work the traditional way, please put your work(s) with individual cover pages into a manila envelope. Label it "Bayleaf Submission" and take it to the campus mailing center.
- Submissions received without any sort of identification will become property of The Bayleaf and will not be considered for publication.
The Bayleaf will accept a maximum of five submissions per student.
The editorial staff, comprised of Marywood undergraduate students, reviews all work democratically and anonymously. Submission due dates for each issue will be announced. The Bayleaf will not accept late material or any submission that fails to meet the journal's submission guidelines. Prizes will be awarded for the best literature and art submissions.
Remember to submit work that you have honed to the best of your ability. The courage to experiment, express, and create are the roots from which The Bayleaf is nourished.
For more information, contact Dr. Helen Bittel at email@example.com or (570) 348-6219.
Contact The Bayleaf staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.