Eligibility for Aid Eligibility for Aid

Eligibility Requirements

In order to be eligible to receive federal student aid at Marywood University, students must meet the following requirements:

  • Undergraduate and Graduate students must be accepted as matriculated degree-seeking students.  Enrichment students are not eligible for federal, state or institutional assistance.
  • You must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen.
  • You must be making satisfactory academic progress toward completion of your degree.
  • You may not be in default on any federal education loan or owe an overpayment of a federal education grant.
  • If applicable, you must be registered for the Selective Service.

Estimated Costs

estimated costs

Your financial aid eligibility begins with your cost of attendance. Actual costs vary according to dorm, commuter or off-campus residency.  Other factors include whether you are an undergraduate student, dependent or independent, or a graduate student.

Expected Family Contribution (EFC)

When you submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the Federal Processing Center calculates an expected family contribution (EFC) using a formula based on the information you provide.

Financial Need

The Marywood Financial Aid Office uses your estimated costs minus your EFC to determine your level of financial need. Some types of financial aid awards have a financial need component. If you do not have financial need based on this formula, you are still eligible for an unsubsidized federal student loan.

Extenuating Circumstances

If extenuating circumstances affect your ability to pay, you should complete a Marywood University 2016-17 Special Condition Form. Examples of extenuating circumstances that could affect a student or parents ability to pay are loss of a job, excessive medical bills, secondary school tuition, disability or divorce.

Changes to Eligibility

Be sure to check with the Financial Aid Office if your status changes in any way. Federal regulations may require an adjustment to your financial aid eligibility.