Marywood Dining Services will open beginning August 22 for meal plans. Dining service also may be available prior to August 22 in the case of special circumstances and student needs.
The hours of operation for the Main Dining Hall are:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m. -11 p.m.
All dining facilities will have reduced occupancy to maintain CDC and PA Department of Health physical distancing guidelines. Physical distancing requirements will be denoted using appropriate signage. Hand sanitizing stations are available for use in dining locations.
Anyone in a dining location will be required to wear a mask at all times unless seated at a table. The dining staff will now plate all food for guests, including custom made salad options which will replace the salad bar, as self-serve stations will not be available. Dining will continue to offer a diverse menu and meet all student dietary needs. All prepared meals will be available to-go with the use of the Green Box. Refrigerated meals-to-go will also be available in the Main Dining Room and Study Grounds Café.
To better serve our students, a new mobile ordering system will be implemented allowing students various dining options for to-go ordering. This option will be available in each location with a menu specific option per location.
Protective shielding is being installed at all cashier and food transaction locations and self-scan card readers will allow students to process their payment individually.
To ensure the well-being of our students, Marywood Dining is implementing daily associate wellness checks to include a self-reported illness system and a contactless temperature check. Appropriate PPE will be utilized at all times by dining associates. The sanitizing of the dining facilities will increase and special attention given to high traffic areas and touch points.
Marywood Bookstore hours will be posted and updated on the Marywood Bookstore Website. All students are highly encouraged to pre-order their Fall textbooks and select either shipping to home or in-store pick-up if ship to home is not possible. To pre-order, students should use the link in the student portal or visit the Marywood Bookstore/textbook Website.
For all in store transactions, appropriate social distancing and occupancy limits will be in effect as required by the CDC and the PA Department of Health. Individuals entering the Bookstore must wear masks at all times. Face masks and hand sanitizer will be available for sale.
Safety shielding will be placed at all transaction counters and increased sanitization procedures will be implemented in high traffic areas and point of contact locations.
Marywood University’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic focuses on the safety of its students, faculty, and staff. Marywood’s policies and procedures comply with both the Center for Disease Control and the Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines.
When necessary, Campus Safety will conduct interviews with students or staff members by phone or in an area that will facilitate proper physical distancing. If necessary, transportation will be limited to one passenger in a campus safety vehicle. After each transport, the campus safety officer will disinfect the vehicle.
Campus Buildings have been marked with signage to enhance safety protocols. These signs outline the university’s protocols, health guidelines, and safe physical distancing.
The following protocols must be followed while in campus buildings:
- When entering and exiting buildings, individuals should use the right door entrance, or wait until those coming in the opposite direction have passed.
- Residence Hall entrances will continue to be restricted by access control and function in accordance with current security protocols.
- While walking through buildings, individuals should stay to the right side of the hallways and stairways.
- When entering or exiting a classroom or office, individuals should wait until those coming from the opposite direction have passed the entrance.
- Students, faculty, and staff must avoid congregating in common areas including hallways, lobbies, and building entrances.
- Elevators are limited to single occupancy. Using the stairs, whenever possible, is highly encouraged. When using an elevator, a face mask or face covering must be worn. Housekeeping will be sanitizing elevator buttons frequently throughout the day.