Read Maryrose Evanella's blog a Marywood Junior studying abroad in Rome at John Cabot University this semester!
Study Abroad Experiences
I found it helpful, as an additional preparation, to read student study abroad blogs about their travels. In order to help other study abroad students and recount my travels, I also started one. It also helped me deal with culture shock and remember the amazing experiences I had.Riley C. (Queen Mary London Fall, 2014)
The Office for International Affairs (OIA) is dedicated to offering international students, scholars, and Marywood's study abroad students a full and rewarding experience as members of the Marywood community. Our staff is available to assist with integrating our visitors to campus life at Marywood and to support students welfare and interests while attending our university.
- Create lifelong global leaders
- Build and maintain an international community in a campus environment
- Serve as an advocate for international and crosscultural experiences
- Administer education abroad programs
- Host and welcome international students, scholars, and visitors to campus
- Promote and facilitate international partnerships and collaborations around the world
The International Affairs Office Actively Engages In
- Operation of an International Student Orientation.
- Advising the International Club on campus
- Advocating for issues specifically pertinent to international students
- Contacts with health insurance programs offered by Marywood
- Local airport pick-up on initial journey to the U.S. for students who will reside on campus
- Preparations for International Education Week festivities