Class of 2013
I work as a mathematics teacher. I was a co-valedictorian of my graduating class. During my speech, I will never forget looking out at the audience. I could clearly see two of my math professors. The expressions on their faces made it clear that, aside from my parents, they were some of the proudest people in the room. In turn, it made me proud to represent the math department.
see more »
About Fractals | Gallery
Between 2012 and 2022, the Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts that:
- Information Security Analysts will see a 37% job growth.
- Software Developers will see a 22% job growth.
- Computer Systems Analysts will see a 25% job growth.
- Database Administrators will see a 15% job growth.
- Actuaries will see a 26% job growth.
- Operations Research Analysts will see a 27% job growth.
Careers in Mathematics
The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) lists the following as the most popular career choices of math majors:
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Operations Research
Go to the MAA Mathematics Careers page for more details.
Some links from the MAA Mathematics Careers page that might be of interest:
The Mathematics and Computer Science Department at Marywood University is a departmental member of MAA.