- The Physician Assistant Program at Marywood University is committed to providing students with an exceptional education in a supportive and nurturing environment. This professional education will include the biomedical and clinical knowledge necessary to diagnose, treat, educate, and empower patients in a variety of settings across the lifespan.
- The Program is committed to preparing the student to deal with the changing healthcare environment while promoting the PA profession.
- The Program emphasizes the importance of creating a knowledge community for future PA students to succeed while providing leadership to promote the PA profession within the community.
- The Program acknowledges that patients are more than his or her physical body; therefore, the Program is dedicated to teaching our students to appreciate the patient’s spirit in addition to caring for his or her body.
- The Program has an awareness of the need for quality healthcare, both regionally and globally, and the Program prepares each student to undertake the challenges of an ever-changing healthcare environment.
Goal 1: To provide students with the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to be successful, competent physician assistants.
Goal 2: To prepare students to participate as effective members of interdisciplinary healthcare teams in the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and care of diverse populations across the lifespan.
Goal 3: To develop effective interpersonal and communication skills within the medical community.
Goal 4: To encourage students to incorporate Marywood University’s goal of learning to live and practice medicine responsibly in an interdependent world.
Goal 5: To develop professionalism and leadership skills at the local, state, and national level, shaping future policy and legislation to promote Physician Assistant practice.