- The Physician Assistant (PA) Program at Marywood University is committed to providing students with an exceptional education in a supportive and nurturing environment.
- This professional education includes the knowledge necessary to diagnose, treat, educate and empower patients in a variety of settings across the lifespan.
- We acknowledge that every patient is more than just his or her physical body; therefore, our program is dedicated to teaching our students the appreciation of the patient's spirit in addition to caring for his or her body.
- There is an emphasis on the importance of sharing knowledge with future PA students while providing leadership within the community in promoting the PA profession.
- Every student will develop as both a professional and a leader throughout his or her educational career within this program.
- Marywood University's PA Program has an awareness of the need for quality healthcare, both regionally and globally, as each student is prepared to deal with the changing health care environment.
- To provide students with the knowledge, skills and experience to be successful and competent Physician Assistants.
- To prepare students to participate as effective members of an interdisciplinary healthcare team in the promotion of health, prevention of illness and care of diverse populations across the lifespan.
- To develop effective interpersonal communication skills within the medical community.
- To encourage students to incorporate Marywood University's goal of learning to live and practice medicine responsibly in an interdependent world.
- To develop professionalism and leadership skills at the local, state, and national level, shaping future policy and legislation to promote Physician Assistant practice.