Admission to the Ph.D.
The application deadline is April 2, 2018 for interested students who will begin the program in Summer 2018. To apply, visit the Graduate Admissions site.
General Admissions Requirements:
- A Master's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university with a cumulative QPA of 3.00>
- An official graduate transcript from each college, university, and/or professional school attended
- Three letters of recommendation from course instructors and/or current supervisors addressing the applicant's qualifications for doctoral level work. The letters of recommendation must be current and not be older/written beyond 1 year at the time of submission.
- A reflective essay of approximately 1000 words addressing your professional goals and research interests and how they can be achieved in this program
- A copy of your resume
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller's Analogy Test (MAT) general test scores
takenwith the last 5 years**
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score, if an international student
- If an applicant meets the minimum requirements
fromthe above listeditems, then the student will be Invited for an on-campus interview
**The GRE or MAT scores will be waived if the student has earned a Master's degree within the last 5 years and earned a cumulative QPA 3.5>
GRE Preparation Helpful Links
Additionally, Marywood University's Career Services Department houses several books and CDs from Kaplan, which can be used on-campus to help prepare students to take the GRE.